June 25, 2011

WhEN LifE GivES YoU LEmoNs...

... Or when Tristan and Jeremiah pick some off a tree while out selling one day and bring them home to you...
... Or when Aunt Paige casually brings up the fact that they have their very own lemon tree in their backyard and you excitedly exclaim that lemons are your new favorite fruit so she lets you take some home...

I love yellow.
I truly believe that yellow is the happiest color of the rainbow.
It is definitely my favorite color.
The color of the sun.
The color of lemons.
This brings me to food, which I also happen to love.

This has to be my all time favorite breakfast after my dad's amazing wheat pancakes and my mom's divine, and maybe not so healthy buttermilk syrup. Okay so they might be tied for first. Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. Not the easiest breakfast to make but worth every minute of preparation.


For lunch (or really any meal but for the sake of this post), strawberry lemonade is amazing. Especially during the summer when it is 100 degrees outside and your air condition is broken (as ours has been basically every other day since we moved in :). It is refreshing and delicious.


Tristan and I are huge pasta fans. Healthy, I know :) This is number one on our list with gnocchis and macaroni and cheese coming in a close second. It somehow finds its way onto our dinner menu at least once a month. The lemon garlic chicken that is mixed in is very good but if I don't plan ahead and I don't have time to marinate the chicken, it is great without the it as well.


And finally, dessert. I had an excess of lemons so even though I've never been a huge fan of lemon bars I figured it wouldn't hurt to give them a shot. I found this recipe and the introduction stated that she did not normally like lemon bars so I knew this was the recipe for me. I may be guilty of eating half of these myself...

If anyone has any other favorite recipes the involve lemons feel free to let me know I would love to try them. Lemons are definitely my new favorite thing. They have made it on the "staples" section of our grocery list. :)

1 comment:

  1. haha ash made that strawberry lemonade too! And tristan must be cursed because the ac in his apartment (my office) last year was broken every other day too! Sounds like food successes. I have yet to attempt the lemon pasta you rave about. I just need to get it on the menu! its one of those plan ahead meals that I just suck at in the summer time :) love you!

    ReplyDelete