February 26, 2015

Baby DiCristofano | Gender Reveal Party

I really am going to try to limit the number of baby posts, I promise! I know there is so much more to write about that has nothing to do with tiny humans but for now I'm just playing a little catch up. After all, I've been bottling this in for four months now! So bear with me :)

Baby DiCristofano's Gender Reveal


From the beginning, Tristan and I knew we wanted to have a gender reveal party. The thought of finding out at the exact moment as the rest of our loved ones sounded perfect. Tristan has been so antsy to find out the gender that he scheduled our ultrasound for the earliest possible date. I tried to tell him that we wouldn't be able to do our reveal party that night or even that week (between work and life) but he was insistent. So we went to get the ultrasound done anyway.

Can I just take a moment to say how obsessed I am with ultrasounds? We've had three since I found out I was pregnant and each one is just as exciting and amazing as the one before it. Baby was so cute with his little hand rested under his chin. Every time she pressed on my belly he would look over at us so it took forever to get a picture of his profile. I just love how each little baby has their own personality from day one. We told the tech right away that we didn't want to know the gender just yet, that we wanted her to just put the results in an envelope. But that didn't stop Tristan from reading into .e.v.e.r.y. single word she said from the minute she found out the gender. Oh she's "100% positive", must be a boy. Oh dang, she said she's seen way more girls lately. "You'll still be happy with a girl right??" she asked Tristan when he expressed his desire for a boy... that must mean it's a girl. Ha! We were driving ourselves crazy! By the end of the appointment Tristan was losing his resolve for the gender reveal party. I took the envelope and I demanded that we take it straight over to our neighbor's house for safe keeping. The next day, I was starting to lose my resolve for the gender reveal party so luckily Tristan stood strong for my moments of weakness.


Meet Team Girl
Not pictured: Me, Andrew (currently on his mission in Mexico), and Braden & Jamie.


Meet Team Boy
Not pictured: Tristan, Kacee, my dad (on a business trip in Amsterdam.. so jealous!), Nate (had to work), and Maddy.


Tristan and I decided that we wanted a bakery to make a cake for us. No joke, the first bakery we called said, "so you want us to bake the ultrasound into the cake??" Needless to say, we took it to another bakery. And it ended up being perfect, more than I could have imagined!


Cutting open that cake was the most nerve-wracking thing I can remember doing in a long time. We're talking visibly shaking. Rambling like a crazy person (I do that when I'm nervous... and be glad you aren't watching the video of this... it's bad :) Increased heart rate, respirations, you name it. I don't even know why I was so nervous! I've always felt content imagining a boy or a girl in my life. A girl first would mean that I would have my girl and could have 5 boys next and not worry about it. But a boy first meant that all my kids would have a big brother to protect them. Either way was a good scenario. But, I was nervous.




I can't explain the moment I saw that blue. I can't explain the next 24 hours. And I still can't even explain it now. Being pregnant is unreal. I look at my tummy on a daily basis and think "how is there a human in there? how is there a little boy in there?" It truly is amazing and I don't even know when it will start to feel more like real life.. I've seen him! I've heard his heart beat! I can feel him there! But it's still such a foreign feeling. A feeling that I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to experience. Wow, I digressed. Sorry about that!

A huge thank you to our family and friends for being there to celebrate with us and for being as excited as we are. I could feel myself beaming from the inside out just from being surrounded by those I love while we found out the most amazing news! We were lucky to be able to FaceTime the people who were unable to make it and send this picture to my dad and Andrew. Baby boy is already loved by all of the best people!

So in case all the blue didn't give it away, Baby DiCristofano is a BOY!!!


13 comments:

  1. Awww What a great party! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the baby posts! No apologizing for too many baby posts because there is no. such. thing! Your gender reveal party looks so fun! We did a gender reveal party with our second and loved it...it was so much fun finding out along with everyone else! HOORAY on a boy first! We are so excited about having our two older boys for baby sister on the way! It's so fun to have a boy first :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't stop with the baby posts!! They're so neat to read, and it's so much fun reading back over older posts and seeing what was happening! Love your gender reveal party!! All the old wives tales are swaying towards a girl for us (only by one) Will be fun to see if they hold any weight this time round! (Still 5 weeks to go though!) Congrats on baby boy (Boys are Awesome!!)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh yay, how exciting!! Y'all are too cute, love the pics! :) And seriously, the first bakery asked if you wanted the ultrasound baked into the cake?? I thought everyone understood what a gender reveal cake was by now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a cute idea! having a bakery bake it and finding out the same time as everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristin DiCristofanoMarch 2, 2015 at 3:47 PM

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristin DiCristofanoMarch 2, 2015 at 3:50 PM

    Yay! I'm glad I'll keep at least one friend with all the baby posts :) We are very excited for a boy, though I am a bit nervous! Congrats on your baby girl! She is going to be so spoiled, so protected and so loved by your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristin DiCristofanoMarch 2, 2015 at 3:50 PM

    Thank you! It was definitely a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristin DiCristofanoMarch 2, 2015 at 3:52 PM

    Thank you, Meghan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kristin DiCristofanoMarch 2, 2015 at 3:53 PM

    I know, right? I laughed so hard! Thanks Julia, you're so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kristin DiCristofanoMarch 2, 2015 at 3:53 PM

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kristin DiCristofanoMarch 2, 2015 at 3:55 PM

    Ah, I can't wait to see if the wives tales are right for you! A little girl would be a fun addition to your adorable little family but I'm sure your boys wouldn't mind another brother :)

    ReplyDelete