December 1, 2011

season of thanks

We had an amazing Thanksgiving this year.
We drove to Las Vegas on Wednesday,
Spent Thursday with his family, cooking and talking,
Enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner (did I mention that his cousin is a professional chef??)
Friday we went hiking/walking at the Red Rock with Andrew, Ty and Peanut (we were really missing Kacee),
Saw Body Worlds on the strip,
And went to sushi with all the aunts, uncles and older cousins.
Saturday everyone was leaving except us and Tristan's parents.
We spent the morning feeding ducks and playing soccer with Nicolas while his mom finished packing,
Said our goodbyes,
Went swimming at the Marriott Hotel,
And went to dinner with Tristan's parents.
Sunday we were driving home,
It took way too long because of all the traffic,
But drives are awesome for good long talks.
We picked up Kacee then went to visit my parents before heading home.

 I should have remembered to take more pictures... but I didn't so here is one. Hiking at the Red Rock.
His cousins love it out there and I laugh thinking it looks just like Utah, they should go hiking anywhere in Southern Utah and I am sure they would love it.

There are so many things that I am grateful for this year:
- Tristan: First and foremost, he is the biggest blessing in my life. He loves me for who I am and is a constant source of light in my life. He helps me be the best I can be and makes me feel like the most amazing person in the world. There are two songs lately that I absolutely love and make me get emotional every time I listen to them (I'm not pregnant I promise, just crazy!) this is one of them. That song expresses it perfectly for me.
- My family: Every year I feel like my relationship with my family just keeps getting better. I know that they love me no matter what. I am especially grateful this year for all they have done to help get me through school and all the importance they placed on furthering education. There are days when I just want to quit but then I can always think of my parents and know that I am doing what I need to be at this time in my life.
- My second family: How was I blessed with TWO amazing families?? Tristan's family is beyond different than my family but they are just as important in my life. I am grateful for the motivating and caring texts that his mom randomly sends us and for all the Gospel related movies, CDs and books that she thinks to give us.
- The Gospel: Life is hard and I can't even imagine how hard it would be without the constant reminder that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and knows me better than I know myself, the guidance of the Holy Ghost and scriptures, and the Atonement. Best of all, I don't know what it would be like not knowing that I get to be with Tristan forever.
- My Friends: We may not live two minutes away from each other anymore but I constantly feel the love and support from my friends. I am grateful for the amazing example they all set for me.
- Books: Reading is an amazing escape from life.
- A cozy bed.
- Warm showers.
- Hot Chocolate.
- Sunny days.
- A job that I enjoy.
I could go on and on but I won't bore you with the details. I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season and wish the best of luck to everyone who has finals week to conquer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment