Thank goodness there are eight other wives living out in Maryland with me. I didn't know what I was missing out on all those summers when it was just me and the boys. We get to go get treats, hang out at the pool, have movie nights, and take field trips to Virginia, the temple, farmers markets, and anywhere our heart desires. I absolutely love it! Exploring Maryland and the East coast is a lot more fun when you have someone to share it with.
Speaking of Maryland... Enjoy some of the small beauties I have found over the past month. The rainstorms are incredible. One second it is sunny the next, there are inches of water flowing down the roads. Kacee and I love it. We always go play in it and come in soaked to the center. Also, some days I can't sleep so I finally get out of bed at 5:00 a.m. to go running. Those are the days I get to enjoy the gorgeous sunrises! The rest of the days though, Kacee and I just go on our daily walk as the sun is going down. The sunsets are almost as amazing as the sunrises.

As great as it is that I get to do so many fun things on my own throughout the week, Saturday night and Sunday are still my favorite. Tristan and I love making sure our weekends are packed tight so that we can do as much as possible during his time off! First stop... THE DOGGY BEACH!!! Okay I suppose I have to admit that Kacee was terrified of the waves at first. And we may or may not have had to force her in... but! In the end she loved it! You can tell she is a beginner swimmer and everyone at the beach got a good laugh multiple times throughout the trip but it was seriously the funnest thing we have done with Kacee yet. I can't wait to take her back. Isn't she just adorable? :)


Next stop... BALTIMORE. I figured it was ridiculous that we lived so close yet I had never seen it. I had heard that it was super ghetto so I didn't want to go by myself. But, everywhere we went was completely normal. Tristan said that next time we go he'll drive me through the ghettos. From what I saw though, I liked it.


Finally, while out selling the other day the boys came upon some treasure. And by treasure I mean blow dart guns. Yes they are all four-years-old. And yes I allow them to act four-years-old. Between practicing constantly and competitions as often as I allow, it keeps them pretty busy in their free time. Boys will be boys right??


Next stop... BALTIMORE. I figured it was ridiculous that we lived so close yet I had never seen it. I had heard that it was super ghetto so I didn't want to go by myself. But, everywhere we went was completely normal. Tristan said that next time we go he'll drive me through the ghettos. From what I saw though, I liked it.
We found a cute little park with an amazing view so we decided to stop there. It was so quiet and relaxing. We just sat in the sun looking out over the Inner Harbor. Perfect... That is until we got to our car and found a $60 parking ticket! Tristan just laughed and said they are charging us for all the amazing pictures we took :)
Just a few final things before I sign off for the day...
Tristan and I have found our all time favorite restaurant out here. It's Mexican food called Don Paublo's. Yum. Plus, it is just a walk around the lake away from our apartments. Plus, there are ducks that wait around for you to give them food (which we DON'T, because we aren't supposed to... Don't mind Tristan's arm hanging suspiciously over the fence...) Look at my handsome dinner date, I LOVE HIM! :)
Finally, while out selling the other day the boys came upon some treasure. And by treasure I mean blow dart guns. Yes they are all four-years-old. And yes I allow them to act four-years-old. Between practicing constantly and competitions as often as I allow, it keeps them pretty busy in their free time. Boys will be boys right??


No comments:
Post a Comment