This weekend we finally got away to the beach. It was THE BEST weekend of the summer by far! We left Friday night after work and didn't get there until 2 am. It was a longer drive than expected and we were super tired... but, by the time we got there it was completely worth it. We could see the beach from right out our window, and we could hear the waves crashing on the shore. It was amazing!
Saturday we woke up, went to a cute little cafe looking out over the beach, then spent the rest of the day at the beach. While I do love laying out in the sun, reading a book, and just relaxing on the beach, my all time favorite thing about the beach is the waves! Tristan had never heard of boogie boarding or body surfing so I got to teach him! And now he loves it as much as I do! The weather was off and on all day. While it was sunny we'd chill at the beach, the second it started to downpour we'd gather all our stuff and head back to the hotel for the hot tub. It was perfect!
| I spy with my little eye... TRISTAN! |
When we were finally exhausted we headed back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. We knew we needed to get seafood since we are on the coast so we went to a place called Mahi Mah's. Tristan got sushi, I don't normally like seafood so I was told the first step is crab cakes. I actually liked them! The rest of the night was spent walking the boardwalk, exploring the shops, and watching street shows. Oh and we had to ride the ferris wheel, it was our first time!
Sunday since we had to check out, we decided to find a different beach. The one we were at on Saturday was SUPER crowded because it was where all the hotels hooked in. We found the North End Beach and it was beautiful! There we people scattered along the shore but it was quiet and relaxing.
We spent the day playing in the waves (until our battle wounds became too severe), playing hide-and-seek with ghost crabs, and laying out in the sun. Oh and did I mention our obsession with paddle ball?? Yes I'm the weak link but we did get 11 hits in a row!
| Meet our neighbor, Mr. Baby Crab. |
| And our best friend, the beautiful dolphin! |
| And of course the dolphin's best friend, the seagull. (who is also our friend because we didn't get pooped on!) |
Virginia Beach is beautiful! Can I please live here forever!?! I didn't want to leave... And yes we left with sand in our hair, ears and maybe a little left in our mouths, which are obvious signs of a great weekend at the beach. Someone please take me back!
No comments:
Post a Comment