September 7, 2013

Leaving summer with a BANG.


I officially had my LAST first day of school!
I can't even begin to list how I feel about that:

1. Excitement
2. Giddiness
3. Nervousness
4. Overwhelmed
5. In shock/denial
.
.
.

Overall though it’s good to be back to real life.

Tristan is working full time with Alterra Pest Control where he is recruiting for all his offices. Our goal is to have enough offices going out next summer that we can stay in Utah :)
He is currently re-evaluating his major so he is taking the semester off school while he figures out what is best for him.

I have my clinicals at the University Hospital on Tuesday and Wednesday.
For the first half of the semester I’m in maternity and I LOVE it. Ever since I was in Elementary School my dream job was in the Newborn ICU.
That’s where I went this past week and it was everything I ever dreamed it would be. If I could get my capstone there next semester … and then a job … I would be beyond happy!
We have classes on Thursday. They are all interesting: Maternity and pediatrics, community and psychiatrics, and global health.

Up until Labor Day I was still hoping summer would last forever.
We woke up early to go boating with my family. It was rainy at first but we had amazing water anyways. Eventually it cleared up and we all got plenty of turns skiing, wakeboarding and surfing!


After an amazing pancake brunch, we headed on a hike up Battle Creek.









Then we ended the night with a BBQ with our extended family. Kacee was a trooper as my younger cousins dragged her around the yard on a leash for three hours straight. 


I don't know if I'll make it back during school so I'll see you in three months :)

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment