February 18, 2014

My Valentine

This week was our first day at our new ward, thanks to lots of capstone shifts on Sundays...
The ward clerk after asking how long we've been married (we hit three and a half years on Monday!) said something along the lines of:
"I hope you don't take this the wrong way but you guys still have the newlywed vibe."
Ah.. little did he know that was the best compliment ever!
I followed up with, it's just because I look so young, the first thing my neighbor said to me was "For a second you looked 12! I wasn't sure if you were a YW or the owner of the house."
Oh great, thanks :)
Anyways, Valentine's day always makes me remember what a romantic my adorable husband is, and why I still get butterflies and act like a newlywed with him.


I have been extremely stressed with this last semester of school. When I say stressed, I mean breakdowns every night stressed. I don't even know why! On my first day off in what felt like forever, Tristan planned a "Kristin day". He took me to Amara for a massage, facial, manicure and pedicure! Talk about four hours of heaven. We went to Rumbi for my favorite sweet potato fries. And spent the rest of the night watching Big Bang Theory (oh there is a post coming on that soon!). I haven't watched a TV show since August! I had the entire weekend off and the best part about it was just the fact that I got to spend it with Tristan. Literally, every second of every day. We found our bedroom set, we finally got our bathroom decor, we accidentally found a couch that we don't necessarily need but love, we found an entertainment center that will hide all the equipment, we got to go see Jack Ryan (and eat popcorn, Tristan knows that's the way to my heart), we got to go to Tepanyaki for our Valentine's dinner (that goes way back to one of our first dates & the first time I tried, and almost threw up, sushi), we got to go on walks to the park to play with the dogs everyday.
I'm grateful that this guy is my eternal valentine. He treats every day like Valentine's day. He brings home flowers just because. He cooks dinner most nights these days because he knows I'm too tired. He gets bubble baths ready for me right when I get home so that I can have some time to decompress before hanging out with him and my pup. He takes me shopping to buy me nice things because he knows I wouldn't spend the money on myself otherwise. He cleans the house while I'm at school. He is the sweetest, most thoughtful and giving person I have ever met. He makes me better and has confidence in me when I have nothing but doubts.

Sorry for the mushy post, if you don't like mushy you don't have to read it :) I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day and three-day weekend for President's Day! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment