May 18, 2016

my 1st mother's day!

I know that mother's day was forever ago but life is crazy and hectic. Just because I couldn't make it to this space right away, doesn't mean I want to forget my very first mother's day so bear with me :)

It was nothing special. I got to work a 12 hour shift but I woke up to a gift basket filled with candles, bath salts, and all things pamper worthy from my loves (with the help of our nanny). So that was perfect! Mckai woke up 4 times between when I put him to bed to when I left for work (at 5 am!) so I was exhausted. Little did I know though, that he wasn't just waking up to give me an early mother's day present, he was getting sick :( We're talking fever of 104 sick.

Whenever people would ask me how my mother's day was, I'd instantly think of all those sleepless nights not with regret but with complete love. And I'd say that it was perfect without any hesitation. Because what is more perfect than snuggling a sick baby and being the only thing in the world to stop those tears? That is what being a mom means to me.

Being a mom means too many days without make up, too many pajama days, and too many selfies because who else is around to take our picture? And guess what, he doesn't care! Being a mom means dried boogers on my shoulder, food sprayed in my face from a sneeze, and so many shared giggles, just the two of us.



I'm grateful that McKai chose my chest to lay on, my hair to pull, my imperfections to deal with, and my love to be his. Because he has my heart, forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment