Happy Father's Day to the love of my life! Mckai adores his "daddy" (it also happens to be his favorite word ;) and we can't imagine a life without him! I love that he teaches Mckai things that I wouldn't think to teach him. I'm over here trying to teach him colors and Tristan teaches him how to undo the zipper on the diaper bag and squeeze his bath toys under the water so that they fill up and he can squirt me with them! He's also in the process of trying to teach him the code to unlock my phone... yikes! I love that he has always loved throwing him around. The little kid loves everything that makes his stomach drop and we're hoping he's a little gymnast in the making all because of Tristan. I love that they are absolute twins. They may have different color hair but that's where the differences end! They are both hilarious, love to be center of attention, can talk for days and are charming as can be. I seriously adore spending all day with Tristan's mini me because I'm obsessed with spending time with Tristan :) We are super grateful that we snagged the best husband and dad out there and I hope Mckai can follow in his footsteps.
Okay, enough of the mushy gushy. Here's a look at our weekend!
Friday night we went to dinner at Five Guys with Kenzie and Millie (our hubbies have to work Friday so we never really get to celebrate the start of the weekend... it was fun to do something that made Friday stand out from every other day of the week!) and finished it off with frozen yogurt. So yummy! Especially in the 100 degree weather.
Saturday after Tristan got home from work we went to the mall for a snack (aka pretzels and these cool things called Dragon's Breath!) because dinner wasn't until later and we were starving! Then we shopped a bit before heading to Tokyo Steakhouse for dinner with the team. The guys won their competition this week which meant we got dinner on the company. Thanks guys! The food was delicious and the show was great too but it was way too hot in there. I don't know if we will ever go back just for that reason...
Sunday we slept in then headed to brunch. You guys, we found literally the most amazing brunch spot ever! It's called Bacon & Butter. It is unreal. Seriously! You can probably find us there every Sunday for the rest of the summer. I got the cherry jubilee french toast and Tristan got the grilled cheese eggs benedict. I cannot rave about this place enough. If you are ever in the Sacramento area, you have to go!
If you haven't noticed from my instagram stories, we're in the middle of a crazy heat wave. So the only logical thing to do was head to a water park. We went to Raging Waters and had so much fun! We took turns so that we could go on a few slides then spent the rest of the day floating the lazy river, playing in the kid pool (Mckai LOVED the slides and probably could have gone down them a million times if we let him), and eating Rita's Italian Ice. We wore Mckai right out because as we were packing up our stuff, he let my cousin Nelson hold him like a baby, wrapped up in his towel for 5 minutes and he almost fell asleep on my other cousin Austin's shoulder on the walk back to the car. One of the best things about the summer is having a village to help with Mckai. He's pretty much the team mascot and all the guys adore him.
he loves holding both our hands right now, it's the best!
this picture just makes me laugh so hard!
Tristan wanted sushi for his father's day dinner so we went to a restaurant called Mikuni that has been recommended to me by multiple people. It was amazing! We hit the food jackpot this weekend! The sushi was one of the best we've ever had and if that wasn't enough, they have the cutest kids meals! Best way to end the weekend. We are already looking forward to next weekend :)








No comments:
Post a Comment