May 26, 2018

our summer home, arkansas!

Okay, I'll admit I was a bit skeptical when Tristan told me where we were going this year. Like honestly, what is there to do in Arkansas? But we've never been to the south before so I'm trying to give it a good chance, even if it's a much slower pace than our last two summers. I've officially found 2 people that grew up in the area (one is a social media friend, the other is a work friend) and they both LOVED it. My friend from work said if it weren't for the bugs, she would live there in a heart beat. So that makes me pretty excited. And everyone that I talked to when I went out to visit for a few days said there are so many walking paths. I love the outdoors so if I survive the humidity and the heat I think I'll love it too!


[ ] spend a Friday night at Bentonville Square for their first friday event!
[ ] find a splash pad for Mckai then go get ice cream
[ ] go to the Crystal Bridges Museum and of course the Walmart Museum (Bentonville is the home of Walmart so we have to embrace it right?)
[ ] take Mckai to the Scott Family Amazeum.
[ ] visit the butterfly house at the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks
[ ] explore some of the state parks of Arkansas
[ ] zipline the Ozark Mountains (after Mckai turns 3 so he can come!)
[ ] go kayaking in Siloam Springs
[ ] visit the Wild Wilderness Drive-through Safari
[ ] hike to Kings River Falls and Sweden Creek Falls
[ ] cross the Beaver Bridge (apparently they call it the Little Golden Gate of Arkansas so it only makes sense considering where we were last year :)
[ ] find a lake to go swimming and/or boating!

and I might be dreaming a little but if we have time, these are some of the places I'd like to visit:
[ ] Nashville, Tennessee
[ ] New Orleans, Louisiana


No comments:

Post a Comment