March 8, 2011

Winter Wonderland :)

i LOVE the snow! I was driving home from work last night at 11:00 p.m. going 20 mph hour with the snow flying against my windshield and I knew that I would wake up to a winter wonderland. There was already at least six inches on the ground but nothing seems as pretty in the dark as in the light. So when I woke up to nearly a foot of snow and the sun peeking through the clouds I knew it would be a great day! And despite the fact that I’ve been doing chemistry since 11:00 a.m. (this is my break :) it has been a perfect day!
  •          This morning Tristan prepared yogurt and granola for me for breakfast AND made me a peanut butter and honey sandwich (my favorite!) to take to school for lunch.
  •          Traffic on Foothill Drive was horrendous so I took my handy dandy shortcut along Wasatch Drive and despite the speed bumps every five feet not only made it to school on time and got to drive through a winter wonderland. Seriously though, you know that when the roads are one lane instead of two, the trees have hardly a sliver of color, and all you see when you look around is white that this is what heaven must be like.
  •          I finished my chemistry lab early and attended a review session that actually made chemistry understandable, unheard of, I know.
  •          Tristan spent half his day working on taxes so I don’t have to worry about it.
  •         Best of both worlds, sun and snow, making the snow even more beautiful as the sun glistens off of it and making the snow more enjoyable as it is still warm outside!
  •          I got to drive home with my windows down, that is how you know spring is coming!
  •     Self Esteem Boost: In my economic history class (my last general!) we get the opportunity to do test corrections to improve our test scores. They are a pain and take forever because you have to explain why the question is significant and then say why each choice is wrong or right, all in a page long explanation. But! As I was trying to explain one of the questions that I got wrong I got all confused and thought that a few of the answers could be right. So, after my explanations I left a note at the end for my professor telling him why I thought the question was unfair. The only reason I left that note was because I was worried my explanations would be off and I wouldn't get the point back but instead he wrote back saying that I was right and that he was giving everyone credit for that problem! It made me feel so smart!
Well that is about it, but it’s the small and seemingly insignificant things that always make the biggest difference. This is definitely true in the cute ways that Tristan makes me happy. This weekend he took me to see Tangled.


I absolutely loved it! There is something about fairy tales that always makes me so happy! I don’t know if any of you saw the article written in the Los Angeles Times about it but it made me so sad. I’d put the link to it on here but I’m still an amateur at blogging and I am too lazy to figure out how. But anyway, it talked about how this is probably the last fairytale that they will make and how little girls don’t want to be princesses anymore they want to be like the Disney stars such as Selena Gomez. It says they are more interested in being "hot and cool". Oh the things that our society values these days, it is a tragedy in and of itself. I’m 20 and I still believe that I am a princess living my own fairy tale with my prince charming. It makes me so sad to think that my little girls may never get the chance to believe in fairy tales. Unless of course I do as my parents did and avoid buying cable, instead we can watch Disney movies, it will be perfect...


I've always thought that Cinderella was my princess. Brooke was always Sleeping Beauty, Megan was always Belle  and I was was always Cinderella. But, during the movie this weekend Tristan turned to me and said that with the green eyes and blonde hair Rapuzel looked just like me... I might have to consider changing my princess... Anyway, I'll stop acting like I'm four years old, I need to get back to my homework and responsibility :)

I just have to mention the other reason I have the best husband ever... he bought Girl Scout cookies for me! Yay!

Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment