March 15, 2011

Live and Learn

Tristan and I had an amazing weekend! Friday he had to work late but spoiled me by taking me to Cold Stone. I love ice cream more than anything so he could not have picked a better way to make up for the fact that he worked late on our date night. Creamy ice cream topped with brownies, nuts, and caramel sauce… Nothing gets better than that :)

 You can't say that this does not look divine!?

I had the joys of working Saturday night from 2:30-10:30 p.m. so I didn't get home until 11:00 but when I did get home, imagine my surprise to find Jake and his two friends and Tristan in the kitchen making french toast. It was a pleasant surprise and we had a lot of fun! After eating way too much food for that late at night, we played games until we couldn't any longer. We put in a movie but most of us fell asleep long before it was over. I'd guess we fell asleep around 3:30 p.m. but given the fact that it was daylight savings, make that 4:30 p.m. If you'll remember my previous post, Tristan and I were asked to give talks this Sunday. Jake had come up to support and brought a fan club but unfortunately we have 9:00 church. Needless to say Tristan and I barely got up and the three sleeping in our living room barely even stirred despite Tristan attempting to wake them up twice. Thank you to my parents for coming up and supporting us and thank you to Jake and his friends for trying, it's the thought that counts! Sunday was a full day! James Crawley recently came home from his mission so Tristan and I went to his homecoming. After eating at his house we went to visit my family. We talked to them and played the "bean" game with them before heading over to Tristan's house for dinner. An amazing dinner and a game or two later I was fading. Three hours of sleep is far from enough for a person like me. We got home around 10:30 p.m. to a clean house (thanks Jake!) and fell asleep as soon as we laid down. And stayed asleep... Until noon the next day... Three missed classes later I was feeling rested and a bit guilty for letting my weekend get in the way of my school work. Oh well, live and learn right?? It was all worth it anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment