April 26, 2011

Break...

Amid all the stress I had to take a moment and reminisce. I never had the opportunity to post pictures from our spring break trip to Goblin Valley so I decided I'd take ten minutes away from writing my ten page papers, packing and studying for my last final.

We had a blast! Roasting hot dogs, making s'mores (my husband, being the perfectionist that he is, makes the best s'mores! perfectly golden all the way around with the chocolate softened before placed on the graham cracker :), eating my first tin foil dinner (after all those years of watching my brothers make them for their campouts I finally had my turn), and spending time together!

Hubby! :)

Wifey! :)

When we woke up the morning we were going to Goblin Valley it was beyond windy and the sky was threatening rain. I spotted a speck of blue sky in the distant and we had hope that our day would turn out sunny and it did. The 20-30 mph winds were annoying but we still had a great time!

The Valley of the Goblins was a lot smaller than I was expecting but I still loved it! They are a lot of fun to explore and climb around.

We also went on a four hour hike through a canyon that I think was called Wild Horse Canyon. The narrow canyons blocked the wind and it was a beautiful hike!

To top it off, a beautiful sunset and later a numberless amount of awe inspiring stars!

April has been crazy and fun: St. George trip with the girls, Amy's wedding, Easter, Ashley's birthday, etc... And as always the countdown continues. Tristan and I move to Sacramento, CA in four days! Will we be ready?? Probably not... I'm sure it will be a quick sprint Saturday morning trying to get everything finished up so that we can leave by noon. We need all the luck we can get but we are beyond excited :) A sneak peek at the packing progress... 

Just the beginning... Who knew two people could have so much stuff!? This picture only includes Christmas decorations, books, kitchen stuff that is staying behind, and some family room decor. We have a long ways to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment