The day started out perfect.
I woke up early because I was too worried about not waking up that I couldn't sleep.
The sun barely peeking above the trees,
There was a light mist covering the fields out our window.
I was motivated.
I was going to clean the apartment,
Do ALL the laundry including towels and sheets,
I was going to do plyometrics in my living room,
I was going to make dinner and make the cake that Jeremiah had been asking for,
And I was going to do all that in between the daily to-dos for my job.
Then it hit me.
The uncertainty and the lack of self esteem.
One moment I'm superwoman and the next I am hurting and unsure.
I ate ice cream from the carton.
It is true that I always crave sweets and ice cream,
and yet eating ice cream from the carton is reserved solely for moments of doubt.
(Or, the occasional family moment in the kitchen at my parent's house.)
I laid on the couch and watched six episodes of Glee.
I curled up in bed to read a book that led to a nap.
I put off all those things that I thought I could do and now wondered if I had been too optimistic.
Friendships are necessary and wonderful.
Yet sometimes it feels like they come and go like leaves in the wind.
One moment you think everything is perfect,
And the next you are miles away from understanding what is going on in everyone's lives.
However, family relationships are eternal.
No matter what stage of life I'm in my family loves me,
Even when I mess up or fail as a daughter/sister my family loves me.
They are there to love and support.
They are there to congratulate and celebrate.
They are there to worry and pray.
They are always there.


aww... this is tender :) I love ya! also.. fantastic writing. I wish I had your skills. I am pretty sure everyone has felt what you described so perfectly at some point!
ReplyDelete