May 24, 2011

Wonderful Weekend

Weekends are the best part of life out here in California. Don't get me wrong, reading books that I have not had time to read in years and laying out in the sun are definitely highlights of my week but honestly I miss Tristan. Our jobs are awesome and I would come back and do this again and again because it is worth it... but... I work mornings and late nights, Tristan works during the day. Moral of the story, when I work he doesn't and when I don't work he does. It is tough sometimes because I feel like I never get to see him. Every morning when he wakes up he comes and gives me a hug and kiss and watches me work for a few minutes before getting ready for the day. Sometimes we have time to work out together. And of course every night we have a small amount of time together before going to bed. That said, it never seems to be enough. We live for our weekends.

Saturday: The boys are done selling at 4:00 pm on Saturday so they usually get home between 5:00 and 6:00. This Saturday Tristan took me to dinner at an italian restaurant (my favorite!) and then we decided we just wanted to snuggle. So instead of going to a movie or doing something with friends we just went home to watch a movie.... I fell asleep about an hour into it which was about 8:00 p.m.... and did not wake up until 10:00 the next morning... according to Tristan I kept waking up saying "I'm so sorry! I ruined our Saturday night! I ruined our weekend! I ruined our only time that we get to spend together!"... I must have been tired but Tristan didn't mind because he got to play Halo.

Sunday: We went to our church at 12:30 which is always good! I always hate being new in a ward, the constant introductions are never fun but we are starting to meet people and it is getting better. There are actually quite a few younger married couples so hopefully we can find some friends. On our way home from church we past one of those strawberry stands on the side of the road. I had been dying to buy strawberries from one of those places, so we did! Don't judge... They were the best strawberries ever! I wanted so badly to make strawberry shortcake or fruit pizza or something but because we like to try to go a month on our groceries, we were running low on supplies. But we did eat them and they were delicious! We went on a walk along the river which was perfect. I love going on walks and I love that Tristan knows that and suggests it sometimes. Finally, Jeremiah comes over saying that he has too many steaks for just him to eat and wants to break out the small grill that Tristan bought (without my knowledge and then 'kept forgetting' to return after I told him that was an unnecessary purchase). I was in a good mood so I didn't fight it and Tristan and Jeremiah set out like little boys on Christmas morning to build the little grill. It took them a little while to get it built but soon enough it was ready.  We didn't have a lighter to light the coals so they were setting cardboard on fire from the stove and then taking it out to the grill to light it. Somehow, after the coals had caught fire, the cardboard which was the source of the fire blew away onto our downstairs neighbors patio (aka: Linsey and Nick). We watched it, and watched it, and watched it hoping that the fire would go out on its own but it didn't. Nick and Linsey were not home so Tristan bolted back into the house, out the front door, down the stairs, hopped the wall and stomped it out. We were all laughing hysterically. Then Jeremiah and Tristan decided that he should climb up to our balcony rather than walk around. Good times... An hour later we had steaks and potatoes and it was delicious! I told the boys that they can cook dinner for me anytime :) The rest of the night was spent hot tubbing with friends. Like I said, weekends are the best!


You can barely see but this is Jeremiah pulling Tristan up to a point where he could grab on and pull himself up to our balcony from the patio below. Hello Tristan's head and their hands clasped together. Boys will be boys...

They were so stoked about their little grill that they were impatient waiting for the coals and decided to sit and watch them until they were ready.

And of course they thought the coals looked awesome so they took a picture :)




No comments:

Post a Comment