Apparently the entire WEEK that we had off for fall break at the University of Utah wasn't enough for Tristan and I, so we decided to vacation during UVU's fall break the next week as well. By vacation I mean the annual Linx Cruise to Ensenada, Mexico. It was so much fun!
According to Jordan, this is the theme song of our trip:
I like it like that!
Hey windows down, chillin’ with the radio on...
I like it like that!
Some of you may know the song, others maybe not. I don't feel comfortable posting all the lyrics on my blog but it is a fun upbeat song so you can go listen to it if you'd like.
The trip went like this.
We drove through the night Thursday, arriving in Long Beach, California sometime in the morning.
Tired and slightly grumpy but at least everyone was excited.
We drove the entire way with Jake and Jordan and picked up Nick in LA.
Once on the boat...
We enjoyed the buffet.
Took some pictures.
It was a beautiful day and the view from the top of the boat was beautiful.
Its funny because I may be the fourth wheel when around Jordan, Jake and Tristan and their crazy threesome of best friendness, but they are hilarious and I can't help but enjoy being around them. :)
Tried to take a nap before being interrupted by the safety thing.
We enjoyed the amazing three course meal and our night was off to a start.
Saturday we ported in Ensenada, Mexico.
We were awakened by the banging of the motors and a pungent smell.
Next up was a hour long full body massage and shopping along the main street. Tristan and I mostly just looked as we shopped since we had bought so much last year and were spending so much on activities this year. We still had fun looking around though. For lunch we had $1 tacos that were sold by a guy on the street. I was skeptical and sure that I'd be regretting my boldness in just a few hours but it tasted great and none of us got sick! The massage was amazing! And a fourth of the cost that it would be in the states. Tristan and I did a couples massage and after a full day of walking around and riding horses it was much needed. I'd say it was probably one of the best massages I've ever had. We did end up buying a head scratcher on our way back to the ship and Tristan has been wearing it on his head as often as possible since.
It got cold as we were headed back to the ship. So the first thing we did when we got back was hop in the hot tub. It was "Elegant Night" so I left a little earlier to get ready and then we headed to dinner. Every night at dinner we sat by Ash and Ki, Jake and Jordan, Daniel, Nick, and Caleb. It was wonderful. Nights consisted of some time at the casino, games with the married couples, and comedy shows that were too risque for us to stay at.
Sunday was our one day on the ship. We got a nice breakfast, spent some time in the hot tub and then it was time for the annual Shuffleboard competition. Tristan and Jordan did well taking third or fourth place. They lost in the Battle of the Brothers as they went up against Jake and Ki. They put up a good fight though. By the looks of one of the pictures, you'd think they won. But that was after they won a different game by a hair because of an amazing shot by Jordan landing two pucks in the 10 spot and knocking the other team's pucks out. Sadly, it was not a warm and sunny day so the girls couldn't go tanning. Instead, none of us brought enough warm clothes and we ended up bundling up in the complimentary bath robes to stay warm.
Monday we were back in California and were headed home. Our original plan had been to go skydiving on the way home but it was too overcast and they wouldn't let us. We are planning that trip for another weekend now. It was a LOOONNNGG drive home.
All in all we had a great time. It felt good getting away from school and having zero worries. I know it looks like we only hung out with the single guys but I felt like there was a perfect balance between hanging out with Tristan's best friends and hanging out with Ash, Ki and the other married couples. Days were typically spent with the guys... Nights typically spent with Ashley and Ki. It was perfect and we had an amazing time!
Haha love the post. I am glad one of us remembered to document the trip by taking pictures. Email me the one of us girls in the bathrobes! P.s. You need to teach me to curl my hair like yours!
ReplyDelete