Story time...
About two weeks before the end of the semester I called Tristan from school in a panic. I had just taken the final quiz in my literature history class and had, once again, failed. When I say fail I don't mean what I normally mean by fail (not too long ago a B was considered failing :) I've grown out of that no worries!) but I mean literally 5/20. I do well in school and I try hard in school but for some reason this class was killing me. I attended every class, read everything, took immaculate notes and tried as hard as I could and yet I had failed every quiz that semester. Back to the panic, I would actually call it a complete breakdown. I had decided that I wasn't even going to write the final paper since I was definitely going to have to retake the class anyways. Our grades consisted of 40%- quizzes, attendance, and participation, 60%- final paper. After a few days Tristan finally convinced me that the odds were still good enough for me to at least pass the class if I wrote the paper and did well which he said I would. I wasn't convinced but he was right when he said that I don't know how to fail so I decided I had to at least try to have peace of mind...
Today...
I've been anxiously awaiting grades. I hate the fact that we have to wait weeks to know how we did. I check everyday for my grades just in case my professor decided to post them before the day they are due. Today was my lucky day. Why...??
1. I got 95% on my microbiology final!
2. I got 88% on my physiology final (which translates to an A- in his class :)
3. I got an A in my literature history class.
Wait what?!? An A??? What did the professor do just give the entire class an A because I know for a fact that I did terrible on all the quizzes? The "what?!?" was said out loud before the flood of thoughts. Tristan walks over to see what is going on and I show him the grade. He laughs and tells me that that is awesome and he might have thrown an 'I told you so' in there somewhere as well. I still have no idea how I pulled out an A but I am so beyond excited I just had to share! Seriously, best day ever! Thank you Tristan for convincing me to finish out the semester strong.
No comments:
Post a Comment