January 3, 2012

simply having a wonderful christmas time

** Warning: This may be WAY too long and contain WAY too many pictures. **

~ Preparing for Christmas.
















Baking, baking, and more baking. Chocolate covered cinnamon bears, pretzels, and cashews. Cookie dough truffles. Milk chocolate fudge. And sugar cookies.



Making Gingerbread Houses.

Temple Square with my family.

~ Christmas Eve




We spent it mostly with my family. Complete with a nice dinner, playing games, reading the story of Christ's birth along with some other Christmas stories and opening up the traditional Christmas Eve present of pajamas. Kacee's present was her new sweater. Yes we really did make her wear that :)

~ Christmas Day


 I had to work early Christmas morning so unfortunately I was unable to attend Sacrament Meeting with the rest of the family. When I got home from work and they got home from church, we met at the top of the stairs for our typical Christmas morning picture featuring for the first time Tristan and Ki. Opening presents was a flurry of activity and there were way too many pictures to choose from. Tris spoiled me with personal training, lots of new workout clothes, a yoga mat, and the Nike Plus running chip along with new boots, jeans and a jacket. I am so excited for the new year and my new goals in the fitness category. Six pack here I come :) After opening presents we headed over to Tristan's house to talk to his brother Braden who is on a mission in Florida. It was the perfect Christmas present for his entire family. We enjoyed a turkey dinner with his extended family before going to the Greenwood family Christmas party. It was a great day! But beyond all the presents and excitement, I am so grateful for the true meaning of Christmas. I am grateful for the Gospel in my life and all that it does to keep me afloat. I don't know where I would be without the atonement and a Father and Brother who are with me every step of the way.

~ Christmas present from mom and dad....
CALIFORNIA!





We went with my family and a big chunk of my dad's side of the family. I think 6 out of the 9 brothers were able to make it. We got a season pass to Six Flags and spent two and a half out of the three days there. We would get there early and were first in line for the X2 three days in a row. It was awesome. We had the system down to an art and by the last day were able to ride 5 or 6 rides in the the first two hours.
Above we have the Greenwoods by the G at Goliath, and Tristan and Tolson by the T since they 'technically' aren't Greenwoods :)

















We also spent a day at the beach. It was warm and beautiful. The water was freezing but we all put our feet in at least once and a few of the boys were playing in it. We spent the day playing beach volleyball, flag football, bocce, and talking. We also got to enjoy a gorgeous sunset. For dinner we went to the best seafood place in town. No one in my family is a fan of seafood except my dad but I tried the clam chowder and liked it!


We were always exhausted by the time we got home and always spent some time in the hot tub. I wouldn't want to be the other guests at the hotel when the entire Greenwood clan came down to sit in the hot tub.

This may be a little late but...

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment