There is Leigh, Whitney and other ward members. Wonderful Sunday dinners.
There is all the guys. Ultimate Frisbee, soccer, and beach volleyball teammates.
Already I feel so blessed to have met and become friends with so many great people.
But, the biggest blessing, as well as the most stressful blessing are these two people here.
Meet Lyndi. Eight years old.
Terrible picture. I know, I need a better one. Don't worry I'm working on it.
Meet Sophie. One year old.
It's blurry I know. Tristan tells me all the time how bad I am at taking pictures :)
Their dad works for my husband and due to family situations they were unable to stay in Utah.
That's where I come in.
I feel like their full time 'mommy for the summer'
Really I'm just their nanny.
Either way I love them to death.
We have so much fun going to the park, going swimming, going on hikes, making puppet shows, going on treasure hunts, playing barbies (even though I am terrible at barbies... imagine this... I say something, Lyndi says "Well, actually lets just pretend you said this"), baking cookies, playing hide-and-go-seek, and oh so much more.
We have a lot of fun but it is also exhausting.
This is what my past week looked like:
5:30 a.m. Wake up and go to work.
8:00 a.m. Come home from work and take a short nap.
9:00 a.m. Wake up again.
10:00 a.m. The girls come over and try to entertain themselves while I work.
10:02 a.m. Stop Sophie from banging on the computer.
10:05 a.m. Change Sophie's diaper.
10:15 a.m. Lyndi wants to know when I'll be done with work.
11:00 a.m. Their dad comes to say goodbye after their meeting and Sophie cries when he leaves.
11:04 a.m. Watch Sophie while she climbs up and down the stairs.
11:11 a.m. Take the remote away from Sophie.
11:45 a.m. Lyndi wants to know when I'll be done with work.
12:00 p.m. Take a break from work to make lunch for the girls.
2:00 p.m. Finally finish work!
5:00 p.m. Take a break from playing with the girls to make dinner.
9:00 p.m. Their dad comes home and I start work again.
10:00 p.m. Tristan gets home and I make him dinner.
11:00 p.m. Do some more work while we watch a tv show.
12:00 a.m. Convince Tristan that we need to get ready for bed.
12:30 a.m. Hopefully be asleep...
Luckily, Aubry watches the girls sometimes too, she was just gone for a week so it was just me.
I hadn't had time to shower, do laundry, or really anything for myself in over a week.
Let's just say I was looking forward to a day off.
But now that it's here I just miss them.
Although it is hard and stressful, they make my life exciting.
They may have made me realize that I'm not ready to have kids,
but they also made me realize that when I am ready, being a mom will be beyond rewarding.
Lyndi made me a mailbox, on the left, and everyday when she comes over she leaves me little notes, like the one on the right. How sweet is that??
Even today, she knew I wasn't going to be watching her but she still brought me this letter. It's hard to see but it says...
To Kristin:
I think you are nice. Thank you for taking me to the swimming pool, painting my nails, watching me and my sister, and taking us on a hike. You are the best babysitter ever!!!
Love, Lyndi
Talk about cute! This little letter completely made my day!
And this... just melts my heart. Isn't she so cute!?
When I wrote my summer list saying I wanted to make a new friend this wasn't exactly what I had in mind but sometimes I think it's even better
No comments:
Post a Comment