I've been wanting to get on and blog multiple times but just haven't had time.
So this will be a boring update but for the sake of my journal it must be done.
- Tristan had Regional Manager duties to take care of in Arkansas so he left me for a few days which is always hard. Kacee was upset that he left so she made sure to chew up everything and anything she could find. But Tristan sent me flowers and that brightened my day.
- We spent a weekend bowling with the guys. All-you-can-bowl for two hours ends up being quite a few games with only one child. We had a lot of fun and I'm happy to say I'm getting consistent even if consistent means 8 or 9 each bowl.
- Tristan and I gave talks in our new ward. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this yet but our ward is amazing! They have been beyond welcoming and nice. We all already have callings and everyone is needed. Does anyone have thoughts on wards in Utah vs. wards outside of Utah?? Regardless, I love this ward more than any ward I've ever been in and we are so grateful to be a part of it.
- Last Sunday was a catch-up with family and friends day. We were on Facetime with Tristan's family from 5:30-7:00, I talked on the phone with Megan from 7:00-9:00 and then we were on Facetime with my family from 9:00 to 10:00. It was much needed.
- I saw my very first FIREFLY!!! I will catch some in a jar before the summer is over.
- It is hot and humid here in Wisconsin. Tristan and I ended up moving our mattress from our loft upstairs to our living room because it was so hot! It was fun, kind of like a sleepover! And Kacee, the kids and I made sure to take advantage and jump on the bed while it was there. We moved it back upstairs but today is 98 degrees, feels like 108 degrees so we may be moving it back down sooner rather than later.
- I got my very first library card! Last I remember going to a library was with my dad back when I loved reading The Bobsy Twins. If anyone has any book suggestions I would love to hear them!
- I took the girls to see the new movie Brave. It was really cute. And I officially survived taking a fifteen month baby to the movie! I was so nervous and beyond excited when it went well.
- The girls and I went to the zoo in Madison with Kimberly and her kids. Lyndi and Dylan got masks and were so enthusiastic about all of the animals. It is so much fun taking kids to the zoo!
- We discovered berries growing along the trail that I've been walking and running this whole time. Delicious blackberries!
No comments:
Post a Comment