August 24, 2012

Dear Chicago,


Tristan and I love you!
Within the two days that we were with you we had almost convinced ourselves to up and move.
I would find a job at some big-time magazine and Tristan would work in design somewhere.
It sounded quite appealing.
You are full of more high rise buildings than I have ever seen!
People are constantly bustling about.
The river running through the center is beautiful.
And being located next to Lake Michigan must be wonderful.
We thoroughly enjoyed deep-dish pizza and pazookies at what is supposedly the founder of deep dish pizza, Pizzeria Uno.
Despite the two hour wait it was very worth it.


After dinner and some shopping we headed to the Navy Pier.
I really wanted to ride the ferris wheel but the line was just too long.



We really enjoyed the fireworks though!
There is just something about fireworks shot over the water that makes it that much more exciting!


And despite the horrendous traffic and wads of money spent on parking we loved the entire night.
Our good camera was dead but we still managed to get a picture of your beautiful skyline at night.


I had been feeling sick for days before our trip, and unfortunately you weren't able to make me feel better like I had hoped you would.
But we still managed to experience most of your sites before I was too worn out.
Our first stop Sunday morning was the Osaka Japanese Gardens.
Relaxing and beautiful, Tristan now wants a japanese garden in our future backyard.
Thank you for telling the ducks to swim by under the tree at that moment, talk about picture perfect.



Next stop was the beach.
I can't believe that a lake can be so big that you honestly can't see anything beyond the horizon!
It felt like we were at the ocean except the water wasn't salty which I think is a bonus.
The water was warm and if it had been deeper and if there had been more waves I definitely would have played in the water more.
The last thing Tristan wanted from you was your famous hot dogs, we weren't disappointed.
I'm not typically a fan of hot dogs but these were surprisingly good.
Tristan chose the BLT: a brat that tasted like bacon (a little disconcerting if you ask me) covered with lettuce, tomatoes and sauce in a bun made of fancy bread that is buttered and toasted with a slit in it for the hot dog.
I chose the Truffle Mac N' Cheese Dog: a brat covered in the best macaroni and cheese, yum!


Our final destination was to take a picture of the skyline.
Unfortunately I can't remember what the place was called that we went but I loved it!
There were tons of people walking or biking.
Others were reading on blankets under trees.
And yet others were playing scrabble on the stairs next to the lake.
There were dogs everywhere and the whole feeling was just peaceful.



I'm going to miss you, I can't wait to come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment