This weekend was the team trip to Ocean City, MD. Tristan and I had been planning to go anyways but it was so much fun going with all the guys!
One of the guys had never been to the ocean before! It was adorable to see the little boy in him emerge as he showed us the first seashell he found, sat in the sand right where the waves rolled up on the shore with his arms in the air and a giant grin on his face, and yelled in excitement the first time he was able to catch a wave while body surfing. I love watching people experience new things!
It was the perfect day doing everything you could possibly think to do at the beach... seashell hunting, boogie boarding and body surfing, sports of every kind, and maybe just a little bit of relaxing.
The guys were so excited to learn how to skim board. It ended up being harder than they expected though. Needless to say there were ALOT of crashes!
We had the perfect amount of people for volleyball games. They split up me and Chalise (the only girls) and went crazy. I'm a bit competitive so I must brag that the team Tristan and I were on always won :)
And of course they had to play spike ball. For those who don't know why I keep blogging about these guys playing spike ball... Try it! They finally taught me and let me play this weekend. It is a blast!!!
They buried Trevor's legs in the sand then Trevor buried Braden in the sand. He spent forever sculpting the perfect warrior sand body.
At the end of the day we grilled steaks and chicken for dinner. Everyone was content just sitting and talking until the mosquitos came out. At that point it was dark and time to go home anyways.
We all left tired, sore and very sunburnt (despite being diligent at putting sunscreen on!) with 50+ mosquito bites but everyone had so much fun that they've decided they want to go every weekend! We all know I love the beach, so I am all for it :)



No comments:
Post a Comment