July 19, 2013

More random happenings in MD


You know there is a problem when you have Banfield on speed dial, they recognize your voice when you call in and immediately say "how's Kacee??!", and you have to get a morning/night daily pill organizer to keep her meds straight. That right there has been my summer. Week after week after week of new medical problems popping up and me taking her to the vet. But, because of this, we have grown quite close to our vet and the people that work at the desk. Today I told them that we are moving back to Utah and they were so sad! My vet even asked if she could keep Kacee here with her. The office girls were trying to rearrange their work schedules so that they can be there for our last check-up appointment on the 31st. How cute is that? Even I am sad. I LOVE our vet out here. She is a little black girl with crazy hair (shaved on one side, long on the other) who looks really young and is super soft spoken. She works so well with Kacee and we are going to miss her when we head home in 2 weeks (can you believe that?! two weeks!)

On the way home from the vet today I decided to take Kacee to the dog park. Big mistake. We got out of the car and only walked maybe 10 feet before A. it started to thunder and Kacee got scared, and B. I decided that it was way too hot. When we got back in the car the radio station started talking about weather. He said "it's stinkin' hot!!!". He wasn't lying. 110 degrees! And humid! It's so humid that it looks misty everywhere. So Kacee and I came back to our nice air conditioned apartment. Now I'm feeling guilty because all those guys are out working hard knocking doors in this insanely hot weather... talk about dedication.

I don't know if it is the hot weather, or the rainy weather, or the fact that I've started working so much, or perhaps pure laziness... but I'm in a bit of an exercise funk. I was so dedicated to running everyday at the beginning of the summer and it was awesome! I could run faster and farther than I ever have before. But then I took two weeks off and I can't get back into it. Any suggestions? I miss it, obviously not enough to actually get off my butt and do something but I do miss it.

This summer has been awesome. I feel like we've been able to do more, see more, and experience more than any of our past summers. Who knows if that is due to location and being close to so many exciting things. Or if it's because we actually made an effort to do something great every weekend. This past weekend one of the guys recommended Shake Shack in Washington DC for dinner. I guess it's famous or something? Regardless, it was delicious! They have a vegetarian burger (although it's not actually a burger it's a giant mushroom filled with cheese) that I decided to get not because I'm vegetarian, although I could definitely pull it off, but because it sounded good. And it was! Tristan got a burger and a hot dog (fatty :P) and loved them both. Plus they have amazing shakes!

That's about all I have for now, until next time!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Kristin, thanks so much for taking the time to visit Shake Shack. Hope you're having an awesome summer, and our team can't wait to see you again soon!

    Brandy, Shake Shack

    ReplyDelete