I started to make a bucket list of things that I want to do before I go home, that's when I realized... I don't have time to do it all!
[x] Go to Arlington National Cemetery
[x] Get cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcakes (from the show DC Cupcakes!)
[ ] Go to the Washington DC Temple
[ ] Visit Hershey, Pennsylvania
[ ] Go to the Smithsonian National Zoo in Washington DC
[ ] Go the aquarium in Baltimore
[x] Go to the beach one last time :)
[x] Walk the Ocean City boardwalk
[x] Catch up with Linsey Vanderlinden!
Luckily, this weekend I was able to cross a bunch of things off my list. I'm going to work on the rest this week but with all the packing and everything that needs to be done, I'm not sure how far I'll get :)
ANNAPOLIS and seeing LINSEY!


After realizing how much I liked Annapolis, I was sad we hadn't been there earlier. So when Linsey and I decided to meet up in Annapolis I was stoked! For those who don't know, Linsey is one of my best friends from my freshman year in college. We lived in the same dorm, just a few doors apart. She has since moved back to her home in Maryland so when I found out we were living in Maryland this summer I was excited to see her again. We went to an AMAZING mexican restaurant (El Toro Bravo) with the best fried ice cream I have ever had! Did you know people drizzle their fried ice cream with honey!? It's way better than being drizzled in chocolate and I love chocolate. Linsey and I literally spent HOURS talking. After lunch, we sat on the dock talking until we were hungry for dinner. At which time we shared a pizza and talked some more. It was probably 10:30 before we realized we should ask for our check and our waiter pulled it out of his apron saying that we looked like we were in deep conversation and he didn't want to rush us. It was so good to catch up with Linsey! And so good to spend some more time in Annapolis. Linsey knows a lot more about it than Tristan or I.
GEORGETOWN and ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY
Saturday after work I went out with Kinzi, Tasia and Katrina. We wanted to go to Georgetown to get the famous cupcakes and do some shopping. On the way there we got a little lost and ended up passing the Arlington National Cemetery, so of course we had to go back there on our way home.
I couldn't decide on one kind to get so I went for a half dozen. Fatty, I know :) I chose strawberry, key lime, coconut, mint cookies n' cream, red velvet (their most popular) and chocolate. Tristan and I have been sharing them ever since. I think our favorite is coconut!
We meandered through amazing shops (the cutest Anthropologie store I've ever seen, in a cute little blue house!) for over an hour then enjoyed walking along the above gorgeous river. We all wanted to be in the kayaks below but another time.
On the way home we stopped at Arlington National Cemetery. All I can say is amazing. I loved the sign that they had as you walked in... America's premier military cemetery. A national shrine. A living history of freedom. Where dignity and honor rest in solemn repose. The peace and spirit that engulfs you as you walk around, surrounded on every side by rows and rows of white headstones is incredible. We also got to see the changing of the guards. It wasn't anything like I thought it would be like but... wow! I honestly don't have words to describe.

OCEAN CITY
Saturday night we drove to Ocean City with the team! We stopped at our motel (yeah... we went for the cheapest place possible) then headed to the pier. It was fun to hang out on the boardwalk with all the guys. Brayden paid to get into a giant crane machine! It was awesome, Tristan really wanted one of the giant colorful sock monkeys. We got to ride the ferris wheel! We tried fried oreos (as if those aren't good enough by themselves... :)! And somehow the guys convinced Nick to dress up like a girl in an old time photo. We didn't leave until everything was closing and by the time we got back to the motel we were exhausted. We found a frog on our way to our room and may or may not have put it in Braden and Darren's bed...!
ASSATEAGUE STATE PARK
Sunday was the perfect day at the beach, as always! We did a lot of boogie boarding, there were a lot of injuries but they were all worth it. The guys played lots of volleyball and lots of spike ball. I got to read and lay out and relax. I was in love. I'm going to miss it.

We love our Baltimore East team!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment