Tristan and I have been to Washington DC many times since we moved to Maryland this summer. It's only 25 minutes away so we find ourselves there often. But, we hadn't seen Washington DC yet.
We got to see the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Monument (every time we take a picture of it, we are sad that it is under construction!), and of course the Capitol in the background...
The World War II Memorial, Ulysses S. Grant Memorial...

And of course The White House! Tristan wanted me to hop the fence so we could get a real picture, there were no signs saying we couldn't! :) but we decided to settle with the pictures we got since I was in a dress. (I have to put in a plug for my amazing husband... see the dress I am wearing? He came home from work this week with it! He knows how to pick them, and I know how to pick husbands! He is so good to me and I love him.)
My all time favorite thing that we did in DC was the Holocaust Museum. That could be because it was SOOO hot outside and the air conditioning in the museum was very welcoming... But in all seriousness, I've always loved learning about World War II and going to the museum rekindled that. It was amazing. We spent hours going through it and still didn't have time to read everything and soak in everything. I want to go back!

No comments:
Post a Comment