January 21, 2014

Tender Mercies

It was a rough day today. I had my 12-hour shift in the NBICU which I love! But, today was super discouraging. You know those days when you have no confidence in yourself, and all you can do is think about everything that you don't do right? By the end I just wanted to give up. Who am I to think that I could be a good nurse on my own? After my shift I went to my Grandma Z.'s house to sleep because she lives 5 minutes from the U and I didn't want to drive the 45 minutes home just to come back first thing in the morning. When I got there, she had broccoli cheese soup and garlic bread waiting for me. Plus, a clementine for dessert. I was starving and it was perfect. As I was working on my quiz that I'd procrastinated to the last minute she brings me a Ghiradelli chocolate bar saying "I thought you might need a little pick-me-up later." I have the best family in the world. I may still feel discouraged, I may still feel stressed and tired but I'm grateful for tender mercies like chocolates from my Grandma and encouraging words from my husband that keep me from curling up in bed and never getting out.

Goodnight all, I'll be up for school tomorrow in spite of everything!

1 comment:

  1. You'll be one amazing nurse Kris! I know you will do amazing things being the person you are. Thanks for being a real example in my life.

    ReplyDelete