Okay, the coast of France is unbelievable. I mean, seriously! Look at these views!
Our first stop was Marseille, the second biggest city in France after Paris. We went to the Basilque which is an incredible church located on a hill. You had a 360 view of the entire city and the entire coast. It was truly unreal. Not only was the view amazing, look at that church! They were holding mass in the chapel so we thought we wouldn't be able to go inside. Turns out, they hold mass in the less pretty of the two chapels. Can you believe how pretty that is??
While driving to the harbor we came across this gem. We don't know what it is... But it's gorgeous! We wanted to take a boat ride to the Chateau d'If where the Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas takes place. But, they weren't doing any tours because of the weather. Can you believe that? I mean it was perfectly sunny. I guess it must have been too windy or maybe they suspected a lot of wind later in the day. I don't know but we were sad. So instead we explored the harbor before going to our next destination.
Welcome to Cassis! We found this gem of a beach just off the parking lot and it ended up being one of our favorite places!
There was a wall that the waves would crash into before heading back to sea. Being the tourists that we are, and daredevils if I do say so myself, we decided to run across the wall to the very edge. The very edge never got hit by water, the rest did. We watched the waves for smaller ones, then after the wave would crash over the wall we would book it across before the next wave hit. Little did we know it was super slippery! Both Ashley and I almost died. Ashley was super graceful about almost falling, as for me, I got hit by a wave AND slipped to almost fall. Very ungracefully. I'd say that the pictures were well worth it though!
Can you believe this place? I'm obsessed. The vibrant blue water, the warm weather, the jagged rocks and cliffs, the adorable town!
We went on a boat ride to see all the cliffs. I don't have any more adjectives to accurately describe what we saw.
The last thing we wanted to do was watch the sunset off the cliffs. We headed to Calanque (we won't talk about how long it took us to find it nor will we talk about how if Tristan would have listened to me, we would have saved ourselves a lot of driving :). Tristan worked on conquering his fear of heights, I worked on giving him a heart attack with my braveness scrambling along the cliffs, and we enjoyed the perfect ending to the perfect day with an incredible sunset.

xoxo
the dicristofanos (& the swensons)



No comments:
Post a Comment