March 22, 2014

just a few random confessions to continue putting off homework, because I'm good at that.

I have a few confessions to make after this week...

1. I've felt horrible since Tuesday, it started with my chest and throat, now it includes my ears. Because of this I have spent 16+ hours a day in my bed... and the rest of the time on the couch under blankets watching Friends. Real productive right? It got so bad one night that Tristan loaded me up with Delsym. The whole next day I had what I like to call the 'Delsym Daze'. I've never felt that way before but man was my head filled with fog. I couldn't focus on anything. Around 4:00 p.m. the medication started to wear off and what I thought I hated (the Delsym Daze), I wanted to come back because all of the sudden I felt horrible again. It's a vicious cycle. There are only two good things about being sick: a puppy who never leaves your side and a husband who takes good care of you by making Nina's soup and bringing sprite, ice cream and medicine whenever I needed.

2. I have done zero, yup, zero homework since Monday. I'm done with my capstone hours and I thought I'd get all this homework done and turns out, I have even less motivation now that I actually have time to do it. I'd say the fact that I was so sick played a huge role but I think the other part of me just really didn't want to do it. Today, my sweet Tristan cleaned up the office so I'd have a place to do said homework... Guess I should get on that right?

3. Speaking of no motivation, I haven't been a good wife since... the first semester of nursing school maybe? I'm not kidding, I haven't cooked a meal since 2013 sometime, we moved into our house almost 2 months ago and I have yet to clean anything (thank goodness Tristan has been motivated to keep it clean...), and I'm lucky if I get laundry done once every few weeks. On a bright note, I have continued to do dishes (every few days when it starts to pile up, it's the one thing Tristan won't touch.) Ugh... What are wifely duties again?

4. This gorgeous weather is making me antsy. I just want to be outside but then I feel guilty for putting off other things. So then I try to do my homework outside but the sun makes it hard to see my computer. First world problems... I'm so ready for a vacation. See that cute picture of me and my baby brother from way back when I was a senior in high school? We are both seniors this year. I get to graduate from the U at the beginning of May and Andrew get's to graduate from PGHS at the end of May. And the first week of June? We are headed to Florida for our senior trip! I can't wait! Oh and for good measure, my baby brother isn't so much a baby anymore, he's so handsome!


1 comment:

  1. I feel ya babe. I am STILL sick and in bed. Whatever went around at my wedding, everyone caught it! Feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete