It's hard when the family is going to St. George and it's technically past my break but I just really want to go.
So it's been every year since I moved out and went to college. And every year (except one, I think) I've been able to make it work.
I love our annual mountain biking trip!
(This year Tristan and I didn't have access to bikes. Andrew's bike got stolen so he was using Nate's bike that Tristan usually borrows and Shay is now big enough to use the bike my dad bought me years ago so it got handed down :( and we're currently too poor to buy our own... boo... but we still had a great time!)
We drove down Sunday morning while listening to conference, I hope you all watched! If not, it's not too late! You can read them on LDS.org! We got there in between sessions so we decided to hang out at the pool. Heavenly. We watched the last session, walked the temple grounds, and then played some spike ball. It felt amazing to be outside in the ideal spring weather, not too hot and not too cold. We were able to have a big family dinner (two of my dad's brothers and their families were able to make it this year as well) and played games. If you don't know this about my family yet, you soon will. We are HUGE game players. Card games, board games, really any games. And we are all competitive. It is too much fun :)
Monday morning those who had bikes went on a ride, the rest of us did a lot of shopping and a lot of laying out at the pool. It's the first time my skin has seen the sun this year... I am quite possibly fried like a lobster. I'm telling you, the older I get the more my skin burns rather than the indian tans I used to get as a kid.
Have you ever heard of "The Crack" if you live in Utah County or "The Narrows" if you live in St. George? I've been to St. George a million times and we had never been there. It was up there in top 100 funnest things I have done in my life. You literally shimmy your way up the mountain through a crack. It's located up by Dixie Rock and we had a lot of fun just exploring the red rock as well. And of course we had to get Nielsen's Custard. We'd never been but heard it was fantastic, it didn't disappoint.
| Do you see the cute jack-o-lantern face?? |


Our last day was spent exploring the Whiterocks Ampitheater and Lava Rock Caves. It was amazing. I want to go back with a head lamp and all day to get lost in there, with somebody else of course, after all, I'm slightly afraid of the dark.
I feel so lucky to live in Utah. It is possibly the most diverse and beautiful place in the world. For an outdoorsy gal like myself, I could never get bored of the never-ending list of hikes and rides. What hikes are on your list this summer? Which ones are pet-friendly? (because that's a big deal for us; Kacee loves hiking almost more than I do!)
Happy Almost Summer!









Looks so fun! We need to get together before we leave Tuesday for Maryland all summer!!
ReplyDeleteYes we do! Double date this weekend?
Delete