University of Utah College of Nursing
CLASS OF 2014
We did it!
![]() |
| SO EXCITED! |
![]() |
| We Love the U! |
May 2, 2014: Our graduation was at 7:55 a.m. in Kingsbury Hall. It was a little early (they were just trying to give our families a feel for what it's like to wake up really early for clinicals and work :) but it was absolutely beautiful. I'm so happy it was at Kingsbury Hall, and the fact that it was pretty early meant there weren't too many people yet, we could get a close parking spot, and we could get pictures without people in them. Win, win, win!
It just wouldn't have been normal if they were actually able to say my last name right :) Even with the pneumonic Meg made up: Dee-Krist-a-Fawno.
It still feels pretty surreal. I've spent my whole life in school and the last 5 years at the University of Utah. And I'm done? With my Bachelors of Science in Nursing! When does it actually start to feel real? When I pass the NCLEX? When I get a job? When August hits and everyone else is starting school and I'm not? I don't know yet.

A HUGE thank you to my support. Those who supported me throughout my college career and of course those who supported me at my graduation.
Tristan is obviously my number 1 supporter. Ever since anatomy years ago, he has stayed up late quizzing me for my tests. Some times I felt like I couldn't do it because I was so tired and you know what he did, he'd wake up at 4:00 with me just to let me know I could do it. He always believed in me when I thought for sure I should give up. He reminded me of my dreams and helped push me towards them. And he let me have my meltdowns, held me tight, then helped me catch up on the homework/studying I missed because of them. I love my #1 fan and I couldn't have done it without him.
My parents are the ones who taught me how to make goals and how to achieve them. They taught me the importance of an education. They taught me to push myself. And they financially supported me all through college. I hope that one day I can do the same for my kids. I love you mom and dad!
My mother-in-law is an amazing nurse. She found her specialty and she has excelled from there. She knows everything! I still feel like I don't know as much as she does but someday I will get there. She has answered many questions over the years, she has been through a nursing program herself so she knew what I was going through and just how to make me feel better. I'm so glad she was able to make it to my graduation, and a huge thank you to my father-in-law for staying home from work to be with Sean (who has a concussion), so that she could be there for me.
I don't have a picture with my grandma :( for some reason it didn't end up on my camera so I have to get it from my parents. But, she is the best! She has a million grandkids and a million great grandkids and she still makes it to every graduation, every important event, everything. She let me crash in her guest bedroom on the nights between two 12 hour shifts. She made me dinner or gave me chocolate just when I needed it. I love my Grandma Z.!
Gosh, I married into the best family right?!
And possibly the most exciting congratulation I've received yet! Miss my Nate! 4 months, 3 weeks, and 5 days but who's counting? :)
What an amazing experience it has been! I love the career I chose. I love being able to help people and I love being there for patients/families in some of the hardest days of their lives. I'm so excited to start working, continue learning, and give back.
xoxo










No comments:
Post a Comment