June 20, 2014

Just Kacee & Me

Two weeks ago, Tristan had to leave town for work. He spent a week in DC and a week in Baltimore. This was the first time I've had to be away from him for an extended period of time since our first year of marriage.

The first time he left I was terrified. I slept on the couch the entire time because I couldn't fall asleep without the TV on. It was quite the horrible experience. It was actually the experience that allowed him to convince me that we needed a dog.
I was worried this time would be just as bad. Luckily, I've grown up since then! I didn't even freak myself out about burglars or murderers (okay, maybe just one time). I was able to stay busy and keep my mind occupied. And let's be honest, having Kacee really did help. She's my bestie :) Plus we got to do a lot of snapchatting so I think that helped too.

Things we've been up to the past two weeks...

+ Jealous that Tristan is enjoying the green of the East Coast.



+ Sweet Parker's second birthday!





+ Made my very first video. If you haven't seen it yet, just watch it :)

+ Started our Florida scrapbook.


+ Went to the pool with my sisters, mom & of course Parker. I was sure we would be leaving soon after I took this picture. But, he ate a snack and ended up playing for another hour and a half!


+ Spent time with the DiCristofanos for Ashley's 16th birthday. I still can't believe she is old enough to be driving and dating! I still want to see her as the little 5th grader who was so excited for Jr. High that she was already counting down. And now she's all grown up and absolutely gorgeous!

I'm dying over how cute this picture is :)
We were face timing Tristan but lost him right as she was blowing out her candles. Sadly, this is the only picture I got.
+ Finally got to see The Fault In Our Stars. Loved it.

+ At three years old, Kacee buried her very first bone!




+ Ashley's baby shower. We are so excited for baby girl to come :)


+ Started my new job! It was an overwhelming and exhausting week but I am so so excited to be official! My badge lets me in the locked unit, finally!


+ Walks, frisbee, & movies (with popcorn of course) with my Kacee Girl.


























Only 15 hours and 10 minutes until I get to see my hubby again. I'm so excited! I hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far!

1 comment:

  1. oh man.. I can't even imagine. I sleep with the TV on even when braden is with me.. haha! Good thing you have Kacee. Charley keeps me sane around here.. I am so happy for your new job!! and I LOVE that crazy dog eye. Charley does that ALL the time!! haha. Good thing YOU are coming out in July right? right. :)

    ReplyDelete