July 18, 2014

oh hey Friday!

This week has been rather uneventful.
[can we talk work, work & more work?]
I didn't think so...
Though it is worth mentioning I started my first IV on a tiny baby!
Successful my first try on a little 4 lb. guy!
Then the next day I started my second IV on a little 2 lb. girl, successful again!
To say I was thrilled is an understatement!

Anyways, as I was saying, uneventful.
So I am excited that last Friday, after I linked up for a day in the life, 
Karli from September Farm invited me to join her linking up this week!





I was having a rough time sleeping this week. Tristan and I were trying anything and everything to naturally help me sleep. Two nights ago we decided to try relaxing sounds [I know, I feel like my 2 year old nephew...] and it worked! We had 'Ocean Rain' running and as such, before I fell asleep I couldn't help but think of vacations. Now, I'm not sure if it helped me fall asleep because I thought about something other than my to-do lists or if the sounds were really that relaxing. Regardless, it worked! And as I was drifting off I asked myself:

IF TRISTAN & I COULD ONLY GO ON FIVE MORE VACATIONS THE REST OF OUR LIVES, WHERE WOULD I 
CHOOSE TO GO?


1 | Europe trip to Italy, Greece, & Spain


Ever since we got back from Europe in January, all I can think about is heading back to explore more! These three countries have always been on my bucket list and I don't want to die before seeing them!

2 | Machu Picchu


This has always been on the list. I'm not even sure how it got there but look how gorgeous! I would love to explore here! And while we are that way I would want a few days in the Amazon. 
[After I lived in Ecuador for 3 months in 2010, I had to rush home to get married while my friends all went to the Amazon for 3 days. Ever since then, I've wanted to go!]

3 | Australia

I have no idea where I want to go in Australia [yet!] but I know that I want to go. If you've been and have suggestions, I am all ears.

4 | Alaska


Is this on the list because I recently re-watched The Proposal? Possibly... But, I'm thinking a cruise to Alaska would be phenomenal.

5 | Kauai


It is slightly ridiculous that this is even on the list. After all, I have already been. But my family went when I was in the 5th grade and I only remember enough to know that I loved it, I don't remember as many details as I want to. I am dying to do some serious hiking and some relaxing on the beach. I am dying to drive this gorgeous island. So yes, it is on the list.

Last night I asked Tristan this same question. Without any promptings he chose the following:

1 | my Europe trip as mentioned above! 
[he loves me.]

2 | Bora Bora 
[he is a HUGE scuba diving fan. i'm terrified of fish... but I told him if he never left me alone I could do it. bungalows over the water, crystal blue ocean, what's not to love right?]

3 | a trip to Thailand, Laos, & Cambodia 
[he served an LDS mission in Sacramento, CA but was called to speak Laotian. while there he learned Laotian (obviously) but also a bit of Thai and Cambodian. ever since, he has wanted to visit, get a chance to speak the language again, and let's be honest... Thailand has the best beaches.]

4 | Australia
[this has been on his list for as long as I have known him. we will go. someday.]

5 | New York City
[I was surprised, and thrilled, that this made his list. I wanted it on mine but it didn't fit.]


That's all I have for today!


1 comment:

  1. Stopping by from the link up.... what a fabulous list....now if only there was a lotto :)

    Sarita
    www.itsagirlgirlworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete