My all-time favorite Christmas movie is Miracle on 34th Street. Have you seen it? If not, go watch it now. Or the day after Thanksgiving if you prefer. Anyway, at the very beginning of that movie the little girl is watching the Macy's Thanksgiving parade from a beautifully decorated apartment complete with the Christmas tree and all things Christmas. Santa is in the parade, and they enjoy their Thanksgiving dinner with friends and family surrounded by Christmas cheer.
And that is where I believe my love of Thanksgiving and Christmas came from. I don't feel like I'm forgetting about Thanksgiving by enjoying Christmas too. I feel like the two of them together creates the best two months of the year! The two of them together.
Last Friday we went to the lighting of Riverwoods. I felt giddy as a school girl singing Christmas songs to invite Santa to come and waiting for the countdown for the lights to turn on. It was perfect. Complete with fireworks, ice sculptures, fire pits, shopping, and family time. I just love the holidays!
I know this is horrible quality but how cute is Parker's face and how ridiculous is it that my dog thinks she needs to be in the double stroller?
We also put up our tree this past weekend and my husband is currently putting the rest of the lights on our house. We haven't bought ornaments yet so I'll save a picture of the whole tree for once it's decorated. It's our first Christmas in our blue house on Waterford Lane and it's so exciting!
Finally, today I listened to my first Christmas songs of the season. Tristan looked at me like, "seriously?" but then by the time I turned it off he was whistling Christmas songs. I think he secretly likes that I bring Christmas to the house before Thanksgiving. My favorite Christmas music to listen to is Shedaisy- A Brand New Year. What's your go-to Christmas music?


I love that album by Shedaisy! It's definitely been a favorite for a long time. But I always lean towards the classics like Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra, ooo and Amy Grant. I LOVE her Christmas albums.
ReplyDeleteI totally think it's okay to do Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving. You can love and think about and celebrate both holidays simultaneously :)
ReplyDeleteyes, yes & yes! I love the celebrate the holidays simultaneously. I think they go hand in hand anyways. :)
ReplyDeleteLove all the Christmas lights!
ReplyDelete