November 26, 2014

I am grateful for infertility.

November has been such an amazing month. I know it's related to focusing on those things that I am grateful for that has made it so great. If you missed my other posts about things that I am grateful for you can check them out here and here.

Today, I am here to bring you one last post about gratitude before Thanksgiving, tomorrow!!!



|| one || 
Strengthen your relationship with your spouse.
This is one of those things that you can either let bring you closer or tear you apart. Luckily, for us it has only brought us closer. We want the same thing. We cry for the same thing. We pray for the same thing. We don't point fingers at each other, we just accept that this is our trial and so we snuggle, we get angry at the amount of money spent on pregnancy tests, and if one of us loses hope the other doesn't let us give up.

|| two || 
I strongly believe that I will appreciate motherhood that much more because I had to work so hard for it.

|| three ||
Gives extra time to get everything in your life in order.
We were financially and emotionally ready for a baby when we first started trying. I'm too practical to try for a baby if we weren't. But, the extra year that we've had to continue saving up, continue perfecting ourselves and our relationship will make a difference.

|| four ||
More time to travel!
Tristan and I went to Europe last Christmas because I wanted to go to Europe before a baby came into our lives and we thought that was our last chance. We didn't realize what we were up against but I can't really complain because we were able to go to Florida with my family, we were able to go to Lake Powell twice (and I could actually ski and have fun!) and we get to plan our vacations for next year. And on top of more time to travel by ourselves, it has made me realize how important travel is to me and I think that will help me keep it a priority even once we have kids.

|| five ||
Building relationships with friends or family.
I mentioned last year around Thanksgiving that my sister Shay and I were finally building an amazing relationship beyond just an older sister being annoyed with her little sister. The fact that Tristan and I have been unable to conceive has just given me more time to become best friends with her. She was the first to know we were trying (at month one), she gets to come sleepover at least once a month, and when I don't see her for awhile I miss her! We get to talk about stupid insignificant things and we get to talk about life. If I had gotten pregnant right away I don't know that we would be where we are at today. Not because I don't love her and not because I wouldn't want it. But because when you have kids your focus changes. Your focus is on keeping your baby happy, bedtimes & nap times, and surviving the adjustment to motherhood.

Though it's not something anyone would choose to go through, I don't think it's all bad. And looking at the bright side makes it that much easier to deal with the disappointment each month :)


H A P P Y   T H A N K S G I V I N G !

We are headed to Las Vegas for Thanksgiving with the DiCristofano family this year. It's been a few years since we've done this so it will be super fun! I was scheduled to work the night before Thanksgiving this year but luckily a kind soul took pity on me and picked up the second half of my shift - midnight to 6 am. Either that or she wanted the holiday pay, either way, I'm super grateful! So now we are leaving tonight at midnight so that we can be in Vegas by Thanksgiving. I plan on taking a break so we'll see you next week!



7 comments:

  1. Vegas Thanksgiving is always a blast! I used to play in soccer tournaments down there every year for thanksgiving and I loved it.

    Also-- thank you for sharing. It's always a wonderful reminder to read about someone else's gratitude for their trials. It's hard to see the light when you feel like you're stuck in a difficult set of circumstances, but I've learned that when our life feels as if it's full of hardship, there are ALWAYS enough blessings to outweigh the difficulty. So, more trials = more blessings!

    You're lovely!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so very true. Everyone has their own set of trials and none is greater than the other but what they do have in common is the blessings that they bring. Thanks for stopping by!


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we were there! Glad you're finding the good in all of this. Positive attitude! :) love ya sis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish you were here too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a poignant post. I'm so sorry for your struggles, but your attitude is so positive! praying for you and your husband and your future lil one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! I try to stay positive for the most part :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with those! My hubby and I have been able to travel and are planning on going on a cruise next year!

    ReplyDelete