December 3, 2014

our Thanksgiving weekend


We had such a good weekend with all ^^^ these amazing people. 
Left to right: Cindy (second-cousin from France), Tom (uncle), Lindsey (cousin), Tristan & myself obviously, Monique (Louie's cousin from France), Solange (Louie's cousin from France), Maryse (aunt), Louie & Marlee (my in-laws), Andrew (cousin), Ashley (sis-in-law), Ty (cousin), Sean (bro-in-law in the very back) and in the front are the two crazies Nico and Leo (sons of cousin Tanya who was unable to make it).
Photo Credit: Lindsey's boyfriend David

T H A N K S G I V I N G  D A Y  2 0 1 4

My all-time favorite part about Thanksgiving with the DiCristofano side of the family is the preparation. I love how everyone is crammed in one little kitchen helping to make the meal. I love how people are gathered near the kitchen to talk and watch the progress. 



Marlee always makes the best stuffing. Louie and Tom took care of the turkey. Tristan loves to make the mashed potatoes. Andrew and I helped peel the potatoes and cut them. Andrew was also in charge of finding dishes to put everything in. Ashley and I were really good at eating all the olives. Ty is actually a chef so he puts his touch on everything - the sweet potatoes, beans, gravy, etc... And Louie made the salad. The cute little boys played a lot of soccer and convinced Tristan to have a pillow fight with them.



Thanksgiving this year was at Tom's condo. It has the most gorgeous view of all Las Vegas including the strip. We ate dinner downstairs at a giant round table where everyone could see everyone and talk to anyone. It was delicious and perfect. The Frenchies loved their first ever Thanksgiving dinner! Then we watched Big Hero 6 in the theater room while somehow still stuffing popcorn into our already full bellies. By the way, Big Hero 6 is adorable. It made me cry but it also made me laugh. Seriously, it's so cute. The rest of the night was spent lounging and relaxing, including some time in the hot tub, Tristan's favorite.






 I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving, ate lots of delicious food and spent time with family!
Love, The DiCristofanos




 B L A C K  F R I D A Y  2 0 1 4

That's a misleading title... we don't actually celebrate Black Friday. We've never really gotten into all the staying up late and fighting for the best deals. We spent our Friday at the Red Rocks. No one told me we were going so I showed up in wedge boots. Let's just say Tristan gave me lots of piggy back rides and my new shoes need a good cleaning. So worth it though!





The rest of the day was spent going through old pictures of Tata Nadia. There were so many but we had a lot of fun with it. Tristan and I got put in charge of making a slideshow for her memorial next week. That's what I'll be working on this week rather than my video of our Thanksgiving weekend so I'll get to that later. It's been fun though, I love seeing all these pictures of her and everyone years ago. I just have to share this one because it's my favorite. Guys, my husband was and still is the cutest! Also, he still dresses the same minus the jean shorts. Ha! Can our babies please have his big gorgeous eyes?



O U R  L A S T  D A Y  I N  V E G A S

By Saturday most everyone had gone home. Tristan literally cannot go to Las Vegas without going to the Coca Cola and M&M factory so we grabbed Sean and Ashley and headed to the strip. We also discovered the Hershey's factory this time! How have we never found that before? We saw statues made out of jelly beans and hersheys bars, we shopped around, and we did a coca cola tasting! The flavors from around the world were hit and miss. Some were really good and others were so beyond horrible. But my favorite part was the floats! Sprite, root beer, and cherry coke were the best :)




By the end of the day our feet were hurting so bad! We met Louie, Marlee, Maryse and Solange at sushi then spent the rest of the night at the hot tub. It was a good last day.





That's the end of the never-ending pictures! It was so good to getaway for the weekend but we did miss our puppy so we were super excited to see her when we got home on Sunday. And now, it's December! And we get to focus all our energies on happy Christmas things. It's the best.

H A P P Y  D E C E M B E R !

5 comments:

  1. Looks fun! I missed everyone so bad but so excited to see them all Thursday-Sunday! Are you guys flying with us, louie and marlee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what beautiful pictures - and how fun to have thanksgiving in vegas! the sunshine and palm trees look dreamy! and three cheers for fun on the strip - your pictures of the water show are KILLER. (and whoever's house you had dinner in, WOWZA. SO BEAUTIFUL.) you guys are an adorable couple! oh and ps - me and madi talked about you and made the connection between all 3 of us come full circle! love this small world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madison Hewitt-BrownDecember 3, 2014 at 3:46 PM

    Wow! Beautiful pictures, especially of Red Rocks. And I love the pictures of you and Tris together---you two are adorable as always. Let's plan a blog collab soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fabulous weekend! Jealous of the coca cola, m&m & hershey's factories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I have to give picture credit to my cute husband though :) he's the photographer in this household. But it was a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by and I do love this small little world.

    ReplyDelete