February 18, 2015

happy valentines day!

This past week while everyone was expressing their excitement for a three day weekend, I was over here thinking, "yay, I can't wait to work this three day weekend!" Oh the joys :) But work and all, I couldn't have asked for a better Valentine's day. And what's better than an excuse to write a mushy post about the man of your life? Am I right? :)


My favorite thing about Tristan is that he doesn't need a holiday to do sweet and thoughtful things. This guy has spoiled me from day one. But this year especially I'm feeling extra grateful for all his acts of service (because let's be honest, I've been too tired to do much the past few months).

he brings home different bath salts and bubbles on a monthly basis and starts baths for me daily.

he peels my oranges and grapefruits.

he does the dishes and he cleans the house when I have to work lots of days in a row.

he listens to me when I tell him how cold I am after working night shifts that I have a hard time falling asleep. then he comes home the next day with a heating blanket.

he surprises me at work with smoothies, desserts, or lunch.

he cooks dinner almost every night.

he goes to bed at 10 because I'm tired but want to snuggle.

he brings me breakfast in bed... sometimes kneaders french toast and a smoothie, sometimes his gourmet hash browns, and sometimes my favorite pancakes with more fruits on top than actual pancake.

he loves me and my crazy. he loves me and my added baby weight. he loves me and my imperfections. and he makes me better everyday.

All that aside though, he still takes the holiday as a chance to spoil me. An edible bouquet of 'flowers' aka delicious strawberries, chocolate-covered strawberries, grapes and pineapple delivered to my door on Thursday. A day spent shopping and spending time together on Friday. And the perfect date night at Tokyo (sushi and our favorite meal cooked in front of us). This date night has such a special place in my heart because it's where we went on our first official date. It's where I first tried, and practically threw up, sushi. It's where we spent so much time during the dating years. And it's where we continue to go for every special occasion. And now I actually like sushi :) To end our perfect date night, a trip to Cold Stone to visit my cute little sis-in-law and get ice cream... my favorite! On actual Valentine's day we snuggled up and watched a White Collar after work before I had to go to bed and I couldn't have asked for anything better. I just love my Tristan Nicolas.

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines or Gal-entines day! 


2 comments:

  1. Aww, this is so sweet! It's so wonderful that he does all those thoughtful little things for you, sounds like a keeper! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a genuinely sweet man you have there!

    ReplyDelete