March 19, 2015

Baby DiCristofano | Week 20

How are we already halfway to meeting our little guy??
We are seriously so excited.


Baby DiCristofano is the size of a mango.
6.5 inches long and weighs 10 ounces!

How far along: 20 weeks and 3 days today.

Total weight gain: We haven't been to the doctor in the last two weeks and I don't really weigh myself at home. I'll update that after our appointment next week.

Maternity clothes: We are still going strong in my normal pants, thank goodness. I'll probably think about investing in some maternity tank tops soon though because my normal ones don't really stay down very well anymore. I haven't bought any maternity shirts but Tristan and I did spend a date night shopping for cute tops that will work for this awkward in between stage, giant belly stage, as well as postpartum stage and back to pre-pregnancy weight stage. It was so much fun and Tristan spoiled me like crazy! I feel like I have a new wardrobe and am so much more excited to get dressed every day!

Movement: He is definitely moving around in there and it has started to feel more like kicks and punches than bubbles. We are just hoping and praying that Tristan will be able to feel him move before he leaves to St. Louis!

Sleep: I bought a bumpnest pillow the night that I wrote my last post. I was so excited when it got here and slept fantastically with it for two nights before I decided that it completely isolated me from Tristan. So I've put it away until Tristan leaves so that I can get as much snuggle time in as possible! Sleep hasn't been so good this week - I'm not sure if it's pregnancy related or just from trying to switch back from night shifts to day shifts, if I had to guess I'd go with the latter. Also, the dreams... insanity. Sometimes I wake up exhausted just from how real my dreams seem. And my uncle wanted to drown me in the most recent one, so there's that...

Cravings: Grapefruit and avocado. Not together of course :) No food aversions thank goodness.

Feeling: I've been more tired this week but nothing like first trimester exhaustion. Also, by the end of my 12 hour shifts my back, knees and feet are killing me! And I'm not even big yet so we are definitely in trouble... But for the most part, I feel great! It's still unreal that I'm pregnant and I'm just loving every minute of this incredible journey.

Best moment this week: Tristan and his little brother Sean painted the accent wall in the nursery while I was at work this past weekend, grey and white stripes. I absolutely love it! It's so fun to watch the nursery come together.

Worst moment this week: Realizing that I'm losing my husband in less than two weeks. Cue... middle of the night anxiety attack. I'm going to miss him like crazy!

Missing anything? No! I was missing blue cheese salad dressing until we realized it's pasteurized, therefore safe! And luckily my favorite kind of sushi is completely cooked so we indulge in that on a weekly basis. I do miss trying Tristan's sushi rolls though but it's not a huge loss for just a few more months.

Looking forward to: Seeing baby boy again next week!



12 comments:

  1. you're 20 weeks?? you look like you are like 6 weeks along haha - that's the cutest little bump ever! also, that dress is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin DiCristofanoMarch 22, 2015 at 7:33 AM

    Thank you so much! You make a pregnant gal feel fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin DiCristofanoMarch 22, 2015 at 7:34 AM

    I know, everyone still asks me if I'm morning sick :( he's growing bigger and bigger everyday though, I can feel it! Thank you Kayla!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin DiCristofanoMarch 22, 2015 at 7:35 AM

    Thank you :) it's pretty much my favorite right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun! I need to see pictures of that nursery! The striped wall sounds adorable :) Congrats on being HALFWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristin DiCristofanoMarch 22, 2015 at 9:05 PM

    Thank you, I can't believe how fast halfway came! I'll post pictures of the nursery as soon as we finish it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look absolutely stunning! Congratulations, and halfway now! It'll be here before you know it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are healthy baby cravings...that's good! :) Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristin DiCristofanoMarch 24, 2015 at 5:51 PM

    Thank you Carly, that is so sweet of you to say! And yes it will be, time is already flying by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristin DiCristofanoMarch 24, 2015 at 5:52 PM

    I know, thank goodness right?! Don't worry though, I still have my fair share of nights where I want ice cream :) Thanks Ash!

    ReplyDelete