July 21, 2015

New York City - Days 2 & 3


day 2:
an entire day and night spent exploring times square! I had more people say something about my baby bump in one day at times square than I had my entire pregnancy. it's funny how once you get out of Utah, being pregnant is actually a big deal to people. we got to eat lunch at the hard rock cafe, yum! and pretty much shopped in every store we came across, it was perfect.



that night we headed to our first broadway: finding neverland! it was amazing. such a good story and the dancing was phenomenal! I didn't love the movie so when my sister's friends said it was their favorite I was skeptical. but, for reals, it was so good!


finally, we ended the night at the top of the rock. new york city, you have not disappointed!



I have to throw this picture in because A. I'm obsessed with mumus (which Tristan despises but I like to think that he secretly loves) so this was my all-time favorite purchase, B. I'm glad I could convert my sisters to the magic of mumus, and C. it's pretty much the greatest picture of the trip :)


day 3:
jam packed with a boat ride to the statue of liberty... 





shake shack (oh so good! and could there be a prettier location?)...




 the empire state building (it was perfect that we got to see new york from above both at night and during the day)...





 and our second broadway show Mamma Mia! I absolutely loved this show. it was more light-hearted than Finding Neverland. the dancing was fun rather than amazing. but the songs were oh so catchy! I can't choose a favorite because they were both so good in different ways.


to finish off the night... ice cream! what is it about vacation that makes you want to eat everything and anything delicious but most especially sweets?


2 comments:

  1. Jamie DicristofanoJuly 22, 2015 at 4:03 AM

    oh isn't new york the greatest? I have been three times and still haven't seen everything! and that mumus picture is adorable! you're the cutest pregnant lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin DiCristofanoJuly 22, 2015 at 8:58 AM

    thanks jamie! though I'm sure you'll give me a run for my money in just a few short months :)

    ReplyDelete