Weight: Leaving the hospital he was 4 pounds 15 ounces (he only lost 3 ounces! everyone was so proud :), at his 3 day weight check he was 5 pounds 3 ounces, at his two week appointment he was 5 pounds 15 ounces, and currently he is 7 pounds 2 ounces.
Height: 16 inches at birth, 17 inches at 3 day weight check, and 19 inches at two week appointment.
Diaper Size: Newborn (switched from preemie at about 2 weeks)
Clothes Size: Newborn (switched from preemie at about 2 weeks)
Nicknames: rollie pollie, little man, handsome, baby boy, little nugget.
Health: He has had a lot of nasal congestion and eye drainage but he isn't having trouble breathing so we are just watching it for now. He also has a bit of reflux. It breaks my heart to watch him arch in pain and throw up through his nose :(
Sleep: The first couple weeks he pretty much slept all the time, waking every 2-3 hours to breastfeed. He hated the dark though so up until about 2 weeks of age we had to sleep with the lamp on. He's having more awake time during the day and waking up every 2.5-4 hours at night. He generally falls back asleep easily as long as I hold him upright for about 15-20 minutes after he finishes eating. We started out trying to have him sleep in his bassinet but he was so tiny he hated it. So instead we had him sleep in his mamaroo or the snuggle nest. Currently, he just sleeps in the snuggle nest and does great! I'm hoping to transition him to his bassinet soon. We sleep with rain white noise which he loves.
Diet: He had some problems with low glucose the first couple days of life so we supplemented with formula at that point. Ever since, it's just been breastmilk. He's been a champion eater from day one. We mostly breastfeed but he has taken a few bottles so that he'll be ready for when I head back to work.
Likes:
- his pacifier
- the mamaroo
- tummy time
- taking baths
- the sound of the shower or bath filling up
- being outside
- being swaddled
- sleeping on momma or daddy's chest/ cuddling in general
- getting his head rubbed
- getting out of the bath
- being put in his carseat
- when I have to get the boogers out of his nose
- when he pees on himself
- pooping and spitting up
Things I don't want to forget:
- the sun makes him sneeze (which happens to Tristan as well).
- he ends a round of sneezes with the sweetest coo. it happened every time for the first few weeks but now it just happens occasionally which makes me sad. luckily I have it recorded because I never ever want to forget how it made me smile every single time.
- when he stretches his arms above his head with his hands in tiny fists. adorable!
- one morning after he was fed and changed I said "hi handsome!" and he broke out in the biggest grin. melted my heart.
- his cousin Parker is fascinated by him. he is always coming up to touch his head and say, "he's so soft" or "he's so tiny" or "he's so cute". it is absolutely adorable.
- how much I love kissing his cheeks, nose and toes. and the way he turns toward me when I kiss his cheeks.
- how I love to rub my face on his head while we snuggle.
- the way he rests his hand on my arm while I burp him.
^ first doctor appointment - 3 days old ^









No comments:
Post a Comment