September 2, 2015

lake powell 2015



if you've been around for some time, you are well aware of our obsession with Lake Powell. it is our absolute favorite place in the world. remember what I was sad about at my 37 week update? well, when McKai came early, we knew that if at all possible, we wanted to go to Lake Powell!

most people thought we were insane taking our 2 week old newborn to Lake Powell and my 2 week postpartum self. But, we got the okay from both our doctors, watched the weather intently the week before to make sure it wouldn't be too hot and we went for it! Tristan and I promised each other that we wouldn't stop living a life of adventure and travel just because we had kids and this was our first shot. it was worth every second, even the late night feedings just me and McKai, the flashlight on with bugs swarming around it and watching mice scurry across the houseboat. yikes, okay those parts were my least favorite parts.

but my favorite part. being at Lake Powell. I love that place. even if I couldn't do much and even if I only got in the water once or twice a day. it was still perfect.

my other favorite parts. watching Tristan wakeboard. naps with McKai on the top of the houseboat while the rest of my family went for an early morning ski. spending time with family and friends. hanging out on the boat. playing games every night. and swimming with glow sticks (okay, I didn't actually swim but it was fun to watch as well :)

and how cute is McKai at Lake Powell? it suits him.














until next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment