March 2, 2016

another trip to california | february 2016


this past weekend, we were lucky enough to take a trip to California for a wedding! we've been looking forward to it for months now and it certainly lived up to expectations.

McKai did surprisingly well on the 10 hour drive! he wanted me to hang out in the back with him but that was doable. he hardly slept at all but we played with all his toys and read a million books. I can't even imagine being stuck in a carseat for that long without being able to move at all so we were grateful that he was a little angel!

^ day 1 ^

left: McKai absolutely loved his present from Solange (I'm not sure her relation to McKai but she is Tristan's dad's cousin, someone help me out here). She was visiting from France for the wedding as well and McKai instantly loved her. anytime she would speak in french he would stare and smile at her. plus, she had the magic touch. anytime he desperately needed a nap and I couldn't get him to fall asleep, she would take him and he'd be out like a lightbulb!

middle: when we made it to Los Angeles, our first stop was dinner at Swingers diner. McKai was so focused on figuring out what mama should eat :) we finally got to meet his cousin Ava, she is such a doll! and it was fun catching up with all the family.

right: McKai's first time sleeping in his pack and play. I think he liked it! we stayed in Andrew & Ty's condo which has the most beautiful view. I couldn't fall back asleep after McKai woke me up at 6:30 am the next day so I just spent the morning on the balcony eating breakfast. perfection!

day 2
we met up with Tanya, Solange, Lindsay, David and Ava at the Greystone Mansion. it was so pretty! they were filming something in the actual mansion so we couldn't go inside but we walked the grounds. we had the best sushi lunch, spent the afternoon at the pool, and finished up the day with dinner made by Lindsay and David. plus, McKai and Ava took their first bath with another baby and it was the most precious thing in the world!




 ^McKai and his cousin Ava. so so cute!^



^one thing I didn't expect about becoming a mom was how much joy I'd find just watching others love my baby. it just melts my heart. oh sweet boy, if you only knew how loved you are!^



^this boy is obsessed with the water. summer cannot come fast enough!^


day 3
we woke up early and drove to Palm Springs. we spent the morning and most of the afternoon at the pool and laying out. the 80 degree weather was amazing. we absolutely love Palm Springs. 

that evening they had a meet and greet for the wedding so we got to do a lot of socializing, play some bocce, and eat lots of cheese and crackers.

we ended the day, walking around downtown Palm Springs. we explored a few of the shops and everyone got frozen yogurt. I wasn't in the mood though so Tristan took me to a place called Great Shakes for a shake. I got one that was called almond brownie crunch and it wasn't at all what I expected but it was so much better!


 ^he tried his first cracker and LOVED it!^


day 4
McKai woke us up early and didn't want to go back to sleep so we decided we might as well get up and get going! the wedding wasn't until the afternoon so we decided to go on a little excursion before it. we grabbed breakfast at elmer's diner then headed to the palm springs aerial tramway. it took us straight up the mountain to the highest point at 8500 feet. not a huge deal considering we are from Utah but it was still kind of fun to see such a different place right there in Palm Springs. we went on a little "hike" (aka a walk on a paved path, nothing like our Utah!) it was really quite pretty.






 ^and that little bear... heart eyes! everyone kept stopping us to tell us how cute he is, I have to agree^



finally, it was time for the wedding. it was absolutely gorgeous!

my favorite parts of the wedding: 
their wedding vows, so perfect.
the cake, best wedding cake I've ever eaten.
watching Solange dance with McKai until he fell asleep.
a group of guys coming up to rave about how cute McKai is and one of them saying, "you know how to make gay men happy, bring a baby!"

we are so happy for Andrew & Ty!










 ^I love love love my wedding dates! the bowtie, Tristan in a vest, they are so handsome.^



 ^this has me laughing so hard! me trying to get McKai's attention, Tristan looking perfect as always, and Andrew's face!^


we ended the night hanging out in the hot tub. a great ending to a great day with all my favorite people!


we were so sad to say goodbye to family and sunny california the next day. especially Solange, we need to take a trip to Paris asap. the drive home was much longer and much less enjoyable then the drive there. I'm not sure why, McKai actually slept a lot more this time but it felt like the never ending drive. we caravanned with Tristan's parents and I must admit, the walkie talkie conversations were definitely the highlight of the drive. but McKai was not having the carseat any longer. by the time we got home, we were all so excited to see our Kacee and sleep in our own beds.

we can't wait to come back, california!

No comments:

Post a Comment