March 28, 2016

Easter Weekend

I don't remember the last time I was actually on top of things enough to get a weekend review up the very Monday after. I believe this calls for a celebration of sorts. I'll eat two reeses eggs, if I must :)

It was a beautiful Easter weekend despite the fact that I got sick, oh so sick. Luckily, the worst of the fever and body aches got out of the way Friday and Saturday so by Sunday, I was able to at least be present for the family activities.

McKai's sleeping schedule has been so off lately that he slept in until noon. I'm not even kidding. I was getting so antsy! I couldn't wait for him to see what the Easter bunny brought him. Oh it was so worth the wait though.






^ cutest easter bunny in the world! ^

He got lots of new toys, eggs filled with puffs and yogurt melts, two new outfits, a book, and a few essentials (new spoons and sippy cups). Oddly enough, his favorite was the package of spoons. Isn't that how it always goes :)

We spent the early afternoon at Tristan's parents house. The Easter bunny there always spoils us! You don't even want to see the amount of candy in our pantry once all three easter bunnies made their visit. The best part (or worst?) is that we will eat it all.

That evening was spent with my family. McKai was too little to participate in the kids easter egg hunt but it makes me excited for next year when he will understand! My mom also puts on an adult easter egg hunt. It is the best! She puts money in the eggs, anything from $1 to $50 bills, we each get to find a certain number of eggs and then we open them up at the end to see what we got. We look forward to this all year, so thank you mom and dad!

^ how cute are these cousins?? ^






I hope we all took a moment to reflect on the reason behind this holiday.

"He lives, my Savior, still the same. Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives: I know that my Redeemer lives! He lives! All glory to His name!"

Because of Him, I can be forgiven, I can always try harder, and I can be with my cute little family forever. Hallelujah.

Happy Easter from our family to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment