March 30, 2016

our post-babymoon : Cancun, Mexico


hello, hello! If you've been following along on instagram, then you are already aware that Tristan and I took a little trip to Cancun. We've been back for just over a week and let me tell you, the post-vacation blues are so real! Especially when you come back sporting sandals and sunburns to rain and snow. Then add a horrible sickness on my part, catching up at work, plus a teething and now sick baby... oh how life post-vacation is tough!


I had been looking up vacation deals for months and leaving subtle hints for Tristan. They weren't so subtle, lets be honest. But, I never actually thought we'd find time to go somewhere before our crazy summer schedule starts. Then about a month ago Tristan texted me and said, "I'm booking a trip to Cancun, do whatever you must to get work off!" I was stressed because iCentra (a new charting system at the hospital) is rolling out soon and the trip was super last minute so I thought for sure I wouldn't find people to cover my shifts for me. But, as always things worked out perfectly and we were on our way. I wanted to bring Mckai but Tristan said no and eventually I warmed up to the idea of a little post-babymoon. We dropped Mckai off at my in-laws and we were on our way.


I could give you a very long story about how they lost our luggage for 2 days (including my pump!) and about how I spent our first day going to the public restroom and hand expressing milk into a water bottle every 1-2 hours because A. I was so engorged from having not fed my baby for 14 hours, B. I couldn't hand express enough so I kept filling up so fast, and C. we couldn't check into our hotel room yet (TMI? sorry.) But, I'll spare you too many details and just say that somehow we survived on no sleep, stress, and hunger... shopped for essentials and spent our first day on the beach. By night though, we were so ready for bed. Oh, and I suppose it's worth mentioning that I fried day one. What a way to start the trip right? I spent our excursion day wearing a ridiculously large hat in an attempt to protect myself from any sun. But when a trip starts out so rough, it just gets better and better :)

Meet our travel buddies: Josh and Sina.


I don't want to be too long-winded since I'd rather just photo dump but here are the highlights:
+ jet skiing in the ocean
+ playing lots of spike ball
+ unlimited pina coladas
+ visiting Chichen Itza
+ swimming in the cenote
+ the best churros in the world in a small mexican park
+ reading on the beach
+ beautiful boat rides - one in the ocean and one in the lagoon
+ snorkeling
+ shopping downtown Cancun
+ playing in the ocean
+ a night on the town at Coco Bongo, a night club and show
+ swimming with the dolphins
+ sunrises on the beach

It was the perfect getaway. If I had to choose my very favorite parts (besides just relaxing on the beach) of the trip I'd have to say swimming in the cenote and having the dolphins push me out of the water! Now, pictures!












^^  the cenote  ^^






^^ a cute little park that we stopped at on the way home from chichen itza ^^



^^ a little friend we met on our boat ride in the lagoon ^^





^^ Josh and Sina convinced us to go to Coco Bongo one night. It was totally out of my comfort zone but ended up being so much fun! And maybe just a little crazy ^^





^^ our cute dolphin! I'm wracking my brain trying to remember her name and I can't :( ^^









I also took a lot of video footage so I'm hoping to get a video put together sometime this week! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment