October 6, 2016

life lately :: september


It has been over a month since I've had a second to even think about blogging. I've been working extra hours to make up for the time off I took during the summer and it's consuming my life. I'll have 100 hours on my timecard by the end of this pay period! Plus, moving home. It took over 2 weeks to get fully unpacked and back into the groove. We still aren't quite there I don't think because my to do list is growing rather than shrinking but I'm hoping life will slow down a bit this next month so I can get our life in order. Goodbye, September!

^ meeting up with Ali & Jude in Downtown St. Charles.

spending our last weekend in St. Louis at the Gateway Arch. ^

^ finally home! ^
McKai's 7th and final flight went so smoothly it almost convinced me to do it again soon ;) It was nonstop and the flight was empty so we had a whole row to ourselves. It was perfect! Plus, there was the sweetest flight attendant that sat and talked with us, McKai was a bit obsessed with her.
 We got home on Sunday and Tristan drove home with Kacee the next day. While we had a fun summer, it sure felt good to be home.

^ back to work means more snapchats of my babe. they never get old! ^

^ picking up Andrew from the airport after his two years, we were so excited! ^
He is definitely more mature but from the first few interactions at that airport, I knew it was still Andrew. He wasn't as weird as some returned missionaries are and he was already cracking his same jokes, the only difference being that he couldn't speak english!

^ Shay got to represent tennis in the school Homecoming Pageant, she's gorgeous! And my cute nephew was her escort. 

making strawberry jam with my mom & Ashley (that's about as domestic as I get :) ^

^ a early morning on the lake ^
It may have been freezing cold but it was 110% worth it because the water was glass! We are talking the best water we've had all season including our trip to Lake Powell. It was heavenly! And can we talk about the color on the mountains? So pretty!

^ how could I not share those scrumptious baby thighs with you?? ^

^ Andrew's homecoming ^
I know he's my brother so I'm totally biased but his talk was AMAZING! So proud of him!

^ McKai's finally got his first birthday present, just a couple months late because we didn't want to have to pack it up and bring it home from Pennsylvania. He is obsessed, it is adorable! ^

^ a late 12 month appointment ^
Stats:
19 pounds 1 ounce (9%)
28 inches long (1%)
head circumference 17 inches (13%)
He handled his shots like a champ and overall is doing great despite his small size. His pediatrician told me, "you can't fight genetics!"

^ more pictures for mom at work ^

middle: from my mom when I was working labor day. It was an exceptionally rough day (my depression had been getting the best of me for a couple weeks and Tristan wasn't home from Pennsylvania yet) but the second I got this picture, my whole day turned around. He's my sunshine.

left & right: one morning at work I got 15 pictures from Tristan of my boys in their matching outfits. I was dying it was so cute!

^ Sunday dinner at Grandma Z.'s house. ^
And sometimes, when you're all matching you have to have a mini photoshoot :) ^

^ family drive along the Alpine Loop! ^
Don't ask me how it's possible but we took a wrong turn and never actually made the full loop! We had to turn around so I wouldn't miss the women's session of general conference with my mom and sisters! More pictures to come though, the leaves were gorgeous!

^ my little white honda accord hit 200,000 miles! ^

hello, october! we love you already!

No comments:

Post a Comment