June 13, 2017

weekend review : muir woods


It was a good weekend. Started with Moana in the park on Friday night, a BBQ with the company on Saturday, and ended with our favorite day for exploring! Sunday is the best. We grabbed brunch at Jim-Dennys before heading to Muir Woods. It was the cutest little place that opened up in the 1930s  (by two men from Utah which is kind of funny!) and is still pretty much the exact same today.


he was obviously very impressed with the place ;)

Driving to Muir Woods ended up being a little bit horrible. We sat in over an hour of traffic. I think I intentionally block this part of each weekend during the summer (I recall quite a few traffic jams driving to the beach last summer, now that I'm thinking about it) because it always ends up being worth it in the end. But man, California traffic. The worst!

So Tristan and I are really rough on our camera... we don't try to be but something always ends up happening to them (October 2015... Tristan... Hawaii... and a scooter...) Well, pretty much first thing when we got to the National Park our camera died. I was so sad. But Tristan took some amazing pictures on his phone anyway and I guess that just means its time for a camera upgrade, right??

Here are a few pictures of our time exploring the Redwoods:


 the way he is on his tip toes and staring up at his daddy, I just can't! I love them too much!






It was so green, so gorgeous, and so peaceful! We went with Kenzie, Ryan and Millie of course :) Then Austin, Chevelle, Chandler and Brooks met us there a little later. It was so fun to watch Mckai run around. He had so much energy and was literally running circles around everyone. He also wanted all the attention from the guys because... he must be Tristan's child or something!

By the time we were finished exploring, we were starving! We ended up eating dinner at what looks like a copy cat Shake Shack but tasted 10x better, it was amazing! I still can't get over the fresh strawberry shake. It almost made me forget that I'm missing Taco Amigos fresh strawberry shakes :)



I hope everyone had a great weekend and survived the dreaded Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment