July 24, 2017
A letter to my two year old on his birthday.
Dear Mckai,
If I thought the first year of your life passed by at lightning speed, nothing could have prepared me for how quickly you would turn two.
So much has changed this past year. And oh how much fun it has been!
What we lacked in sleep that first year we've certainly made up for your second year! You, little man, love your sleep just like your momma!
While we spent that first year learning to work together, we've spent this year adventuring together. You take in every little thing and are present in every moment. You study this world with a microscope and I can't help but wonder exactly what you see. The simplest things make you so excited that you can't help but clap your hands and exclaim, "yay!"
My sweet boy, this second year you've become a little bit shy around people you don't know. But when you are around people you do know, you love to be the center of attention and nothing makes you happier than making others laugh. You are funny, you are kind, and you are smart.
You were my sunshine your first year of life and you still are today. You bring happiness wherever you go and I hope that never changes.
You have filled my life with cars, trucks, and balls. But believe it or not, you do not like having your hands dirty! As much as you've filled my life with all things boy, you've filled my life with more cuddles and love than I ever could have expected. Giant hugs with your tiny arms wrapped all the way around my neck. Holding hands wherever and whenever you want. Real kisses now, no longer those slobbery open mouth ones. And despite your independence... oh so many cuddles! Your love language is touch just like your daddy and it is my very favorite.
One thing that sets you apart from other kids your age is that you don't need anyone to entertain you. I love that you have the curiosity and creativity to keep yourself busy for hours and hours on end. I could watch you all day long and can almost see the wheels constantly turning in your head.
Bubbas, you are my world. You are charming and loving. Fearless and brave. Gentle and kind. Independent and social. If you stay just the way you are, you will change this world.
Happy birthday, baby boy! I love you more than you know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment