Today is our SEVEN year anniversary! I love anniversaries as a reminder to reminisce where we've been so I've thought long and hard about my favorite moments from the last seven years. Small and big moments, there is no one else I'd rather go through this crazy life with. I'm mind boggled that at 19 years old I was able to make such a good decision :)
Our first year of marriage had some rough patches. A lot of rough patches. But the one thing that I remember the most with surprisingly fond memories is many late late nights after a fight (usually started by my depression and ended by an anxiety attack) Tristan would have to pick me up and hold me tight until I could finally calm down. And once I did, we would cuddle on the couch together watching Smallville until I could finally fall asleep. I don't know how Tristan and I stuck out that first year but I am SO unbelievably glad we did.
two
So many drives along Foothill Drive together. The traffic was always horrific but I always loved those mornings holding hands and listening to 97.1 ZHT on our way to school. It's definitely something special to be able to go to school together. Waiting for him in the library while he finished his classes so we could go home together. Meeting up for lunch in the Union. Having him quiz me for my anatomy class. And eventually graduating because Tristan believed I could and helped me get there.
three
A three week trip through France & Switzerland. It wasn't perfect but it was the most amazing vacation of our life together thus far. I'll never forget trying to stay awake together in the London airport after being awake for over 24 hours. Taking picture after picture of some of the most beautiful places I had ever seen. Meeting Tristan's extended family and watching him speak to them in his broken french. Reliving bits and pieces of his childhood by staying in his Nina's home. And feeling like true Parisians in our airbnb (first experience with that and it was perfect!) until we got scammed at the subway and almost got shut in the subway doors (and ended up getting separated because of the fact...) We were exhausted but so happy by the end of that trip!
four
Moving into our first home. We had wanted a house for so long and worked so hard to get it. Once we finally made it, I truly felt like we were HOME. We no longer called his parent's house, his house and we no longer called my parent's house, my house because we had our house. I remember being so overwhelmed moving at the same time as school and a little disappointed because sleeping on a mattress on the floor with a sheet covering the window didn't feel like how I expected our home to feel. But Tristan worked so hard to create a space that made me feel safe and stress free.
five
While we were in California right after Tristan's Tata Nadia passed away, I was 5 weeks pregnant with our baby boy. We had just barely found out that we were pregnant and it was so fun carrying that giant secret between just the two of us! We would make little jokes about my belly and I was honestly stressed that someone would notice that it was bigger than normal, HA!
six
The day we had Mckai was definitely one of the top moments to date. There's just something about sharing that giddiness plus a small amount of anxiousness with the only other person who totally gets it. Tristan was so excited, it was contagious. He wanted to watch them put in an epidural and he thought all of the labor and delivery was so cool. He was the best cheerleader with the best smile. I'll never forget the moment that the L&D nurse wheeled me into my mom/baby room only to find Tristan sitting on the couch holding our son... OUR SON! It was unreal! Mckai was wide awake staring at Tristan and Tristan was staring right back with a look of complete adoration.
seven
Being reunited in Philadelphia after almost two months apart due to work conflicts. We have had a lot of amazing summers and lots of fun travels but there is just something about that summer in Philadelphia that leaves me with a smile on my face every time I think about it.
I can't wait to see what the next seven years brings us!














No comments:
Post a Comment