Once I realized Yosemite was too far away to do in one day, we decided that this weekend would be for Lake Tahoe. It was a painless drive with NO traffic! I'm pretty sure this is the first weekend that we've been that lucky. We stopped in the cutest town (I don't even know the name of it but it reminded me so much of Park City) for brunch at Driftwood Cafe.
Then we headed to the beach! We stopped at Zephyr Cove first but it was super crowded and we decided we didn't want to rent jet skis that bad anyway (which was the reason to go to that beach in the first place) so we decided to go to Sand Harbor Beach. But not before I got my first taste of the cold water and the fact that it was crystal clear! There was a little island of rocks out a distance from the shore but it was just deep enough that you could touch the bottom the entire way over there so I had to walk out there it check it out. It was gorgeous and relaxing!
The rest of the afternoon at the beach was perfect. We love the outdoors and we love the beach! I was definitely wishing we could spend more than just a day there but I guess that just means we will have to make a trip back someday!
Mckai surprised me by running right in! Granted, he was chasing the ducks but still. The water is quite cold especially initially but he didn't seem phased by it!
It was so funny the first time that we buried Mckai's feet, he didn't know that he could move his feet to get them out :)
Sand in every crack and crevice for days! But so worth it!
They could not be any cuter, I'm obsessed!
Just a little Jenga while waiting to be seated.




























No comments:
Post a Comment