September 22, 2017

the last weekend review : big sur




After an amazing brunch in Carmel at From Scratch (it was on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives!) we headed to Big Sur for an afternoon of driving and spectacular views. It was just as beautiful as I had hoped and driving on the Pacific Coast Highway was so fun! I don't have a whole lot to say about it because the pictures seem to speak for themselves but I do have to say that I hope we can go back someday! Tristan and I have this curse where whenever we are visiting somewhere, it's closed or under construction. And surprise surprise, that was our luck again this year! There was a mud slide that took out a good chunk of the road along Big Sur. The upside was that there were less crowds than is supposedly normal. But the downside was that we didn't get to see the purple sand of Pfeiffer Beach or McWay Falls. Next time!

^ Monastery Beach which I recommended in my previous post ^

Point Lobos State Park 
fun fact about this part of the trip, it rained on us for the first time since we've moved to California!

 ^ the rock was made of a bunch of little rocks stuck together. It frustrated Mckai because he kept trying to pick them up to throw them in the ocean. I ended up having to walk around looking for loose rocks to bring to him! ^

Big Sur

 ^ don't judge my garments showing... I swear that shirt covers them as long as I don't have a toddler climbing all over me which was definitely not the case on this trip... ^










^ he's all boy... putting dirt on his legs! ^


 ^ I spy the cutest boys! All the heart eyes. ^







^ looks like the key to cute pictures of Mckai is fruit snacks! ^

Bixby Bridge


^ look for the arches in the next few pictures! My favorite! ^



 ^ it was just a little bright... ^


 ^ I spy a little lighthouse! ^

^ it was so cool to have amazing coastal views right next to such a foresty area! ^

 ^ final stop for the night was dinner and relaxing in the chairs in the river at River Inn Big Sur ^





 ^ lucky us, we got to watch the sunset as we drove home! There is no better way to end the day! ^




 ^ I figured since it was our anniversary trip, we had to get at least one picture of the two of us! This was the best we got... oh well! It's better than nothing :) ^


No comments:

Post a Comment