This particular weekend was our late celebration of our 7 year anniversary! Mckai came along because I was too nervous to leave him behind with our only possible babysitters, my cousin and his friend, both 20 something year old males who told me they would feed him formula.... There were moments we wished we could have left him behind but for the most part we love having him join us on our adventures.
Our first stop was exploring the little town. You guys, it's straight out of a fairytale! There are the cutest little corners at every turn. I could not stop snapping pictures of every building and every alleyway. If you ever have the chance to visit this little town, do it! It's a slow town which was so nice compared to what we are used to which is going going and going! It's a place to take in the little things like flowers and wooden signs, relax, and stroll in the sun at the perfect temperature. There was the most charming little candy shop called "Cottage of Sweets" that Mckai and Tristan too thoroughly enjoyed :) and there are tons of art galleries and boutiques to explore.
^ this little alley was our favorite! so cute ^
After seeing all that the little town had to offer, we decided to go on the 17-mile drive to hopefully put Mckai to sleep. It worked, and it was gorgeous! It's $10 to get in but in my opinion, it was definitely worth it. I also heard that if you buy anything at Pebble Beach (food, etc...) then they take that $10 off your total bill so that's an option! It was a foggy day but not so foggy that I was sad, just enough fog to make me love it that much more. I sure love foggy coasts!
^ this was our first stop. ^
Tristan turns to me and says, "do you want to take a picture??" with his super excited face on...
me: "of what?"
Tristan: "of me eating a caramel by the sea!"
he thinks he is so clever and funny :) and I kind of like it so I think I'll keep him!
^ they called this the Restless Sea because waves were coming and crashing from so many directions. It was amazing! ^
^ the rock in the front is covered in birds, the rock in the back is covered in seals! ^
^ that guy in the middle was posing for Tristan for sure! ^
^ this was for sure my favorite spot. Those cypress trees and that blue water is everything! ^
Our final stop for the day was Carmel Beach (though the next day we passed Monastery Beach and I liked it a lot better so I'd recommend that instead). What I loved about Carmel Beach is that dogs are allowed so if you are bringing your puppy friends, it's perfect! What I didn't love was all the seaweed everywhere which meant flies everywhere, even Mckai started getting angry at the flies. Plus it was a super long walk to get to the water which isn't super fun when you have a child who comes with SO much stuff. Mckai had fun playing in the sand, Tristan and I both got a taste for the cold water (it wasn't as cold as I was expecting though!), and we got to lay out on our towels and relax for about 0.2 seconds before Mckai poured sand all over them. Toddler beach life....
^ Mckai would not let anyone help him carry that bucket even though it probably weighed as much as him! ^
Watching the sun set over the ocean is the best end to any day.
It looks like this is going to be a two part post because.... SO MANY PICTURES. Stay tuned for Big Sur!



































No comments:
Post a Comment